A Guide Map To Good Value Hotels & Hostels In Prague
Share This Article
Here at CityXplora there's only one thing we like more than travel, and that's travelling in comfort for the best price possible. So with Prague being one of our top destinations for a short city break we decided to investigate and chart the city's best value accommodation. These hotels and hostels (maps below), range from cheap and cheerful to 4/5 star gems lying just off the beaten track. The value of each place wasn't just based on its price to 'apparent' quality ratio, but also tangible reviews and location, i.e. how close is it to Prague's tram and metro system?
The first list below deals with as many good quality Prague hostels as we could find that are within easy reach of Staré Město (Old Town). The other lists separate some of Prague's best value hotels into their respective municipal districts.
As a general rule, the closer the hotel is to Old Town Square the more expensive it is, so you won't find many in this guide cuddling up to Our Lady before Týn. What you will find is a healthy variety peppered throughout the New Town and Prague's more distant suburbs. As you'll likely notice in the maps below, however, the area's we'd most recommend for price, quality and location are: Smíchov (located on the north-eastern tip of Prague 5 along the banks of the Vltava River), Žižkov (centred immediately south of Vítkov Park on the west end of Prague 3), and Holešovice (comprising the eastern half of Prague 7 where the Vltava River meanders sharply).
For a great selection of sightseeing tours in the heart of capital check out our main Prague page and have a browse.
Good Value Hostels In Prague:
- Prague Square Hostel (Melantrichova 471/10, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: Located directly opposite Old Town Square. It offers clean and modest accommodation with private rooms that go for about 20 Euros per night.
- Old Prague Hostel (Benediktská 685/2, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha 1)
- Hostel Santini Prague (Nerudova 211/14, 118 00 Praha 1-Malá Strana)
- Hostel Prague Tyn (Týnská 1053/19, 110 00 Praha 1)
- Hostel & Pension Downtown (Národní 19, 110 00 Praha 1)
- Chilli Hostel (Pštrossova 7/205, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: A 2-star hostel with flexible accommodation for individuals, couples and families as well as small and large groups. Nightly prices are very reasonable, with costs for a double private room running as low as 15 Euros and usually no more than 54 Euros. 8 bedded private rooms also available. The hostel is located towards the western side of New Town Prague.
- Hostel Emma (Na Zderaze 267/10, 120 00 Praha 1-Nové Město) Notes: Another 2-star hostel located in the western portion of the New Town. Mixed dormitories are available for up to 8 people, and private rooms for 2 people range from 20-24 Euros per night.
- Hostel Rosemary (Růžová 971/5, 110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město) Notes: A 2-star hostel located near the centre of the Old Town featuring fairly priced private rooms considering its ideal positioning.
- Art Hole Hostel (Soukenická 1756/34, 100 00 Praha 1) Notes: A 3-star youth hostel aimed at those under 34 years of age. It's only a few minutes walk from the north-eastern edge of the Old Town. Nightly rates tend not to rise above 20 Euros.
- AZ Hostel (Jindřišská 5, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: Located off the eastern edge of Wenceslas Square, AZ Hostel offers discount accommodation for large groups of visitors. It is not limited to any particular age group and enables long stays.
- Travellers´ Hostel (Dlouhá 33, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: A 2-star hostel with ideal positioning in the heart of the Old Town, though their online site seems to be entirely in Czech.
- Mosaic House (Odborů 278/4, 120 00 Praha 2-Nové Město) Notes: Mosaic House strikes a fine balance between hotel and 4-star hostel. Its private rooms are typical for a design hotel while its large group accommodation is of the highest standard. Luxury apartments that feature walk-out terraces are also available to book.
- Hostel One Prague (Cimburkova 916/8, 130 00 Praha 3-Žižkov) Notes: A hostel situated within reasonable walking distance of the eastern edge of Old Town. Rooms go for around £40 per night.
- Hostel Elf (Husitská 888/11, 130 00 Praha 3-Žižkov) Notes: A popular hostel for all kinds of independent travellers and students located at the western end of Vitkov Park. It features a spacious common room for socialization, an outdoor patio & BBQ area, and even a gallery showcasing underground art by young Czech artists.
- Blind Eye Guest House (Dalimilova 254/4, 130 00 Praha 3) Notes: A well reviewed hostel with ample rooms of varying size and specification. It can be found south of Vitkov Park along Dalimilova street.
- Plus Prague Hostel (Privozni 1, 170 00 Praha 7) Notes: A 2-star hostel located on the north-east tip of Holesovice district. It has good ratings and a cheap nightly price tag.
Good Value Hotels In Prague:
Prague 1 Hotels (Red On Map):
- Hotel Yasmin (Politických vězňů 913/12, 110 00 Praha 1)
- Hotel ibis Praha Old Town (Na Poříčí 5, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: Part of a chain that includes two other Prague hotels: one next to Wenceslas Square and another in north Smichov.
- Hotel Cloister Inn (Konviktská 296/14, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: It features a distinctively traditional interior that's both pretty and hospitable. Find Cloister Inn at the southern end of the Old Town.
- Central Hotel Prague (Rybná 8, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: Despite being located close to the centre of the Old Town this 3-star hotel seems to have weekend rooms suitable for 2 people at a rate of around 80 Euros per night.
- Hotel Golden Star (Nerudova 48, 118 00 Praha 1) Notes: Well priced at around 65 Euros per night for a 4-star standard room that's located close to Prague Castle.
- Hotel AXA (Na Poříčí 1051/40, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: Fairly priced for a 3-star hotel considering its location within Prague Old Town and proximity to key attractions. It's also very close to stop 1 on the Prague City Sightseeing bus tour.
- Green Lobster Prague (Nerudova 224/42, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: Another good value 4-star hotel considering it's located very close to Prague Castle.
- Chopin Hotel (Opletalova 960/33, 110 00 Praha 1) Notes: A 3-star hotel located alongside Vrchlickeho Park and Hlavni Nadrazi metro station. The streets of Old Town Prague lie directly behind the hotel. If booked far enough in advance a double room can cost roughly 70 Euros per night.
- Hotel Waldstein (Valdštejnské nám. 6, Praha 1) Notes: Good value for a 4-star hotel located within view of Prague Castle.
Prague 2 Hotels (Orange On Map):
- Park Inn Prague (Svobodova 1961/1, 128 00 Praha 2)
- Hotel ibis Praha Wenceslas Square (Katerinska 36, 120 00 Praha) Notes: Part of a chain that includes two other Prague hotels: one next to Wenceslas Square and another in the Old Town.
- Hotel Anna Prague (Budečská 17, 120 00 Praha 2) Notes: Offers 3-star accommodation in the pretty Vinohrady district south-east of the Old Town. Standard weekend rooms for two people run at around 70 Euros per night. It's very close to Namesti Miru metro station and the city tram line.
- Hotel Tyl (Tylovo náměstí 668/5, 120 00 Praha 2) Notes: 4-star standard rooms are around 65 Euros per night. It's very close to public transport facilities such as trams and metro stations.
- Hotel Prague Centre Superior (Legerova 1844/32, 120 00 Praha 2) Notes: A simple 3-star hotel with all necessary amenities located south of the Old Town. It's positioned within walking distance of I. P. Pavlova metro station, and the Old Town centre is not much further away. Prices run at around 60 Euros per night.
- Pension Březina (Legerova 39-41, 120 00 Praha 2) Notes: A modest 3-star hotel located close to Wenceslas Square and I. P. Pavlova metro station. Expect reasonable nightly rates for two people amounting to 60 Euros.
- Hotel Venezia (Sokolská 1619/39, 120 00 Praha 2-Nové Město) Notes: Another 3-star located in the New Town close to Wenceslas Square. Celakovskeho Park and I. P. Pavlova metro station are very close by, and standard nightly rates appear to be as low as 55 Euros. It makes a point of stating that it's pet-friendly.
- Hotel Tivoli (Sokolská 1704/48, 120 00 Praha 2) Notes: Well reviewed and located directly opposite I. P. Pavlova metro station.
- Hotel Luník (Londýnská 609/50, 120 00 Praha 2) Notes: A well priced 3-star hotel located in Vinohrady close to the Church of Saint Ludmila. Prices range from about 55-70 Euros per night for a standard double room.
- Hotel Trevi (Uruguayská 540/20, 120 00 Praha 2) Notes: A quaint 4-star hotel about a minute or so's walk south of the Church of Saint Ludmila and Namesti Miru metro station. Prices for a weekend double bed are around 60 Euros per night.
Prague 3 Hotels (Brown On Map):
- City Partner Hotel Gloria (Prokopova 118/20, 130 00 Praha 3-Žižkov) Notes: A 3-star hotel bordering Vitkov park that charges an average of 65 Euros per night.
- Three Crowns Hotel Prague (Cimburkova 28, 130 00 Praha 3) Notes: A nice 3-star hotel located next to Vitkov Park. Standard double rooms go for around £55 per night.
- City Partner Hotel Victoria (Seifertova 26, 130 00 Praha 3) Notes: A 3-star partner of the Gloria Hotel.
- Hotel Aron Praha (Žerotínova 39, 130 00 Praha 3) Notes: Located close to the eastern end of Vitkov Park. Standard nightly rate for a 3-star double room is 50 Euros.
- Hotel Seifert (Koněvova 8/67, 130 00 Praha 3) Notes: 4-star accommodation along southern edge of Vitkov Park. Double rooms carry a nightly rate of 40 Euros if booked far enough in advance.
- Hotel Aramis (Žerotínova 1220/31, 130 00 Praha 3-Žižkov) Notes: A rustic 4-star hotel, and one of the many that pepper the streets south of Vitkov Park. Book a reasonable amount of time in advance and you can snap up a double room for about 65 Euros per night.
- Hotel Ariston & Ariston Patio Prague (Seifertova 615/65, 130 00 Praha 3-Žižkov) Notes: A 4-star hotel along Seifertova Road whose prices for a standard room run at roughly 55 Euros per night.
- Hotel Amadeus (Dalimilova 10, 130 00 Praha 3) Notes: Around 45 Euros per night for a 3-star double room.
- Hotel Vítkov (Koněvova 114, 130 00 Praha 3) Notes: Located close to the eastern tip of Vitkov Park, about 12 minutes from the city centre by public transport. A standard 3-star double room costs about 55 Euros per night if booked reasonably far in advance.
Prague 4 Hotels (Black On Map):
- Panorama Hotel Prague (Milevská 1695/7, 140 63 Praha 4) Notes: Situated just across from Pankrác metro station.
- Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre (Na Pankráci 1684/15, 140 00 Praha 4) Notes: Situated within easy reach of Vysehrad metro station.
- Hotel Globus (Gregorova 2115/10, 149 00 Praha 4) Notes: 3-star accommodation located in a leafy suburb to the south of Prague city centre. It's very close to Roztyly metro station, affording patrons easy access to Prague Old Town. Standard room prices vary from about 35-40 Euros per night.
- Hotel Inos (Sinkulova 77/23, 147 00 Praha 4-Podolí) Notes: A quaint little hotel located a short distance south of Vysehrad. It's only a few minutes walk from Podolska Vodarna tram station, which directly links onto Prague city centre (10 minute ride). Reception is open 24/7, and a 3-night stay in a double room costs around 135 Euros.
Prague 5 Hotels (Green On Map):
- Red & Blue Design Hotel (Holečkova 13, 150 00 Praha 5) Notes: 4-star rated and fairly priced. It's located at the southern end Petrin Hill a minute or so's walk from Mala Strana district.
- Angelo Hotel Prague (Radlická 3216/1G, 150 00 Praha 5) Notes: A 4-star establishment located at the northern end of Smichov. Nightly prices for a standard room hover around the £50s.
- Hotel ibis Praha Mala Strana (Plzeňská 14, 150 00 Praha 5) Notes: Part of a chain that includes two other Prague hotels: one next to Wenceslas Square and another in the Old Town.
- La Botique Hotel Prague (Staropramenná 728/3, 155 00 Praha 5) Notes: A good 4-star establishment located in the centre of Smichov, very close to Andel metro station. Weekend rooms go for about £45 a night.
- Mamaison Hotel Riverside Prague (Janáčkovo nábřeží 1115/15, 150 00 Praha 5-Smíchov) Notes: A 5-star gem located along the banks of the Vltava River in the northern end of Smichov. Prices trail off to around 70 Euros per night if booked long enough in advance.
- Hotel General Prague (Svornosti 1143/10, 150 00 Praha 5-Smíchov) Notes: Another excellently priced 5-star hotel located in Smichov close to the banks of the Vltava River. Average prices for a standard room can fall as low as 100 Euros per night.
- Hotel Angelis (Pivovarská 597/5, 150 00 Praha 5-Smíchov) Notes: Has a standard nightly rate of around 55 Euros. 3-star rooms feature balconies overlooking a lovely courtyard garden. It's located in Smichov close to the banks of the Vltava River.
- Hotel Kavalír Prague (Plzeňská 1219/177, 150 00 Praha 5-Košíře) Notes: A stylish and excellent value 3-star hotel located half-way along Plzenska Road in western Prague. Kavalirka tram stop directly faces the entrance, providing patrons with easy access to Mala Strana and Prague Old Town. 1-2 person economy rooms go for about 36 Euros per night.
- Hotel Atos (Mělnická 582/13, 150 00 Praha 5) Notes: A 3-star hotel that represents fantastic value for money considering it's located in the heart of Mala Strana.
- Akcent Hotel (Stroupežnického 1, 150 00 Praha 5) Notes: If booked far enough in advance the nightly rates are around 60 Euros for a standard room in Smichov.
- Aparthotel City 5 (Vltavská 11, 150 00 Praha 5) Notes: A well reviewed 3-star hotel in Smichov. It offers fair rates even over weekends and Andel metro station is just a few minutes walk way.
- Hotel Popelka (Na Popelce 215/12, 150 00 Praha 5) Notes: A 4-star respite located in "a quiet and green area of Prague 5 on Na Popelce Street". The tram line on Plzenska Road is just a few minutes walk away, providing quick access to Prague city centre. Standard double rooms go for around 60 Euros per night.
Prague 6 Hotels (Yellow On Map):
- Diplomat Hotel Prague (Evropská 15, Dejvice, 160 41 Praha 6) Notes: 4-star rooms located a decent distance north-east of the Old Town. It's close to a metro station and charges around £50 per night.
Prague 7 Hotels (Teal On Map):
- Plaza Alta Hotel (Ortenovo náměstí 1086/22, 170 00 Praha 7) Notes: 4-star facilities located in Holesovice district. Nightly weekend prices hover around the Euro 70s mark for standard rooms.
- Hotel Belvedere Praha (M. Horákové 479/19, 170 00 Praha 7) Notes: A reasonably priced hotel situated close to Letna Park and the National Technical Museum. Double rooms are about 65 Euros per night. Walk across the nearby Stefanikuv Bridge to get into the Old Town.
- Hotel Expo (Za Elektrárnou 412/3, 170 00 Praha 7) Notes: 4-star accommodation in Holesovice. Prices for a weekend double room hover around 70 Euros per night.
Prague 8 Hotels (Blue On Map):
- Hotel Aida (Kubišova 23, 182 00 Praha 8) Notes: Situated a fair distance from the city centre, but offers 4-star rooms close to a metro station. Priced at around 50 Euros per night during weekends, slightly cheaper during weekdays.
- Hotel Mucha (Sokolovská 65/26, 180 00 Praha 8) Notes: Great value for a 4-star hotel considering its distance from the Old Town.
Prague 9 Hotels (Purple On Map):
- Hotel Duo Praha (Teplická 492/19, 190 00 Praha 9) Notes: This one's located a fair distance from the city centre, but it's cheap and near to a Metro stop.
- Wellness Hotel Step (Malletova 1141, 190 00 Praha 9) Notes: A large 4-star hotel offering cheap accommodation just on the outskirts of Prague city centre. It's located close to a number of transit hubs including Balabenka light rail station and Palmovka metro station. Prices are around 60 Euros per night for a double room.
Prague 17 Hotels (Light Blue On Map):
- Hotel Fortuna West (Mrkvičkova 1091/2, 163 00 Praha 17) Notes: Cheap and decent 3-star accommodation on the eastern edge of Prague 17, a suburban district to the west of Prague city centre. It's located only a few hundred meters away from Hlusickova tram station. Standard double rooms with breakfast go for around 50 Euros per night.