Important Note: Between November 30, 2017 up to and including January 21, 2018, there will be no 1-hour canal cruises after 16:30.
About The Amsterdam 1-Hour Canal Cruise:
This one-hour sightseeing cruise guides you through the UNESCO World Heritage canal district of Amsterdam. Feast your eyes on the elegant merchants’ houses dating from the Golden Age, the fabulous gables, beautiful churches, the iconic Magere Brug (Skinny Bridge) and many more highlights. The cruise features GPS located audio commentary in a choice of 18 languages (see below). Boats depart every 20-30 minutes from the Lovers Company piers at Central Station West.
- All Year Round, Daily | Except King's Day (April 27).
- 18-language GPS audio guide: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, Turkish, Polish, Russian, Thai, Javanese, Hebrew, Arabic, Korean, Chinese and Japanese.
Tour Departure Times:
- Mar 23 - Oct 29, 2017: 09:00 to 22:00, every 20 minutes.
- Oct 30 ('17) - Mar 21 ('18): 09:30 to 21:00, every 30 minutes.
- Lovers Company (Prins Hendrikkade 25) - View Location.
- 1 Hour.
- Adult tickets aged 13+ years.
- Child tickets aged 4-12 years.
Children aged 0-3 travel free of charge.
About Amsterdam's Canals:
Amsterdam's canals were first constructed in the early 17th century for the practical purposes of water management and defence. Over time, the multi-layered rings, known locally as Grachtengordel, began to serve as transport routes for imported and exported goods. It was during this burgeoning era of maritime trade that the now iconic town/warehouses sprang up along the canal edges. Looking at their inspiring façades one can still see hoist beams jutting from ornate gables. These were once used by merchants to haul goods into their storerooms.