Unfortunately the Brisbane Explorer Bus tour has ceased operating indefinitely. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please find our other Australia Bus Tours here.
About The Big Bus Brisbane Explorer Tour:
Huddled along the banks of the Brisbane River is a vibrant sub-tropical metropolis eagerly awaiting the arrival visitors from all across the world. The City of Brisbane is a shining example of Australia's penchant for hospitality, diverse urban culture scenes, and great weather.
Take advantage of it all by booking a Brisbane Explorer open-top bus tour. The main city route has 15 hop-on hop-off stops, each located within easy walking distance of the city's most popular landmarks and attractions. These include: Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, Suncorp Stadium, South Bank Parklands, Kangaroo Point Cliffs, Mount Coot-Tha and more.
Your ticket offers complete freedom to disembark and rejoin at any point, and as you travel you'll be able to enjoy an 8-language digital audio guide.
- All Year Round.
- Digital Audio: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
- Brisbane Route: 90 mins.
- Mount Coot-tha Route: 60 mins.
- Various, See Map Download.
Tour Times / Frequency:
- Daily, 09:00-17:15 (last full tour).
- Adult tickets aged 17-59 years.
- Child tickets aged 5-16 years.
- Senior tickets aged 60+.
- Student tickets require valid student ID at redemption point.
- Family tickets include 2 adults, 2 children max.
Children under 5 years travel free.
Arriving at Portside Wharf?
If you're travelling to Brisbane on a cruise ship that's mooring at Portside Wharf, we recommend following the following 3-step route to join the Big Bus Brisbane Explorer Tour:
- 1) Take a short walk from the wharf to bus stop 29 on Kingsford Smith Dr (view here).
- 2) Board a Line 300 bus and take a 20 minute ride to Ann Street stop 216 (view here).
- 3) Ann Street is the location of stop 13 on the Brisbane Explorer Tour (look out for the sign). From here you can access the rest of the tour.
Ascend The Slopes Of Mount Coot-Tha:
Tickets for the Brisbane Explorer Bus Tour also include the Mount Coot-tha Explorer sightseeing route. To visit this breathtaking vantage point and other interesting stops simply catch a bus at either Post Office Square Terminal or King George Square in central Brisbane. You'll then be taken to the Brisbane Botanic Gardens (site of the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium) before winding up Sir Samuel Griffith Drive towards Mount Coot-tha lookout. The return leg of the journey include a short stop at the Transit Centre on Roma Street.