• Important Info •
Unfortunately the Brisbane Explorer Bus tour is currently NOT OPERATING. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. For further information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Year Round
Digital Audio: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese and Mandarin Chinese.
Brisbane Route: 90 mins.
Mount Coot-tha Route: 60 mins.
Various, See Map Download.
Tour Times / Frequency:
Daily, 09:00-17:15 (last full tour).
• Child tickets aged 5-16 years.
• Senior tickets aged 60+.
• Student tickets require valid student ID at redemption point.
• Family tickets include 2 adults, 2 children max.
Children under 5 years travel free.
All tickets are usable 3 months from date of purchase.
About The Big Bus Brisbane Explorer Tour:
Huddled along the banks of the Brisbane River is a vibrant sub-tropical metropolis eagerly awaiting the arrival visitors from all across the world. The City of Brisbane is a shining example of Australia's penchant for hospitality, diverse urban culture scenes, and great weather.
Take advantage of it all by booking a Brisbane Explorer open-top bus tour. The main city route has 15 hop-on hop-off stops, each located within easy walking distance of the city's most popular landmarks and attractions. These include:
• Queensland Gallery of Modern Art | • Suncorp Stadium | • South Bank Parklands | • Brisbane Chinatown | • Kangaroo Point Cliffs | • Brisbane Maritime Museum | • Brisbane Botanic Gardens | • Mount Coot-Tha.
Your ticket offers complete freedom to disembark and rejoin at any point, and as you travel you'll be able to enjoy an 8-language digital audio guide.
Arriving at Portside Wharf?
If you're travelling to Brisbane on a cruise ship that's mooring at Portside Wharf, we recommend following the following 3-step route to join the Big Bus Brisbane Explorer Tour:
- 1) Take a short walk from the wharf to bus stop 29 on Kingsford Smith Dr (view here).
- 2) Board a Line 300 bus and take a 20 minute ride to Ann Street stop 216 (view here).
- 3) Ann Street is the location of stop 13 on the Brisbane Explorer Tour (look out for the sign). From here you can access the rest of the tour.
Ascend The Slopes Of Mount Coot-Tha:
Tickets for the Brisbane Explorer Bus Tour also include the Mount Coot-tha Explorer sightseeing route. To visit this breathtaking vantage point and other interesting stops simply catch a bus at either Post Office Square Terminal or King George Square in central Brisbane. You'll then be taken to the Brisbane Botanic Gardens (site of the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium) before winding up Sir Samuel Griffith Drive towards Mount Coot-tha lookout. The return leg of the journey include a short stop at the Transit Centre on Roma Street.
Brisbane Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour Stops:
- 1, Post Office Sqr Terminal (Queen St opposite GPO)
- 2, City Hall (Adelaide St)
- 3, Riverside Centre (Eagle St Pier)
- 4, Old Windmill (Wickham Terrace)
- 5, Transit Centre (Roma St)
- 6, Suncorp Stadium (Caxton St near Hale St)
- 7, Regatta Hotel (Coronation Dr near Land St)
- 8, Park Road (Coronation Dr near Park Rd)
- 9, Cultural Centre (Grey St)
- 10, South Bank (Ferris Wheel)
- 11, Maritime Museum (Vulture St)
- 12, City Lookout (Kangaroo Point Cliffs)
- 13, Chinatown (Ann St near Gipps St)
- 14, Anzac Square (Ann St opposite Central Station)
Mount Coot-tha Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour Stops:
- A, Post Office Square Terminal (Queen Street opposite GPO)
- B, King George Square (Ann St in front of King George Square)
- C, Brisbane Botanic Gardens (outside Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium)
- D, Mount Coot-tha (Sir Samuel Griffith Drive)
- E, Roma Street (outside Transit Centre building)