About Barcelona Zoo:
Once home to the iconic albino Western lowland gorilla, Snowflake, Barcelona Zoo is a world-class institution located within the 70-acre surrounds of Parc de la Ciutadella. It's open all year round, so whether you're a sightseer admiring the site's monumental sculptures or a visiting animal lover consider paying the local critters a little visit.
The zoo cares for more than 7000 individual animals constituting some 400 different species. Over one million people visit the attraction each year to see its amazing collection. Explore the enclosures on-foot or take the electric train service that runs through the entire park (additional on-site cost).
- Barcelona Zoo is open to visitors all year round, daily.
- Jan 1-Mar 26: 10:00 to 17:00.
- Mar 27-May 15: 10:00 to 18:00.
- May 16-Sept 15: 10:00 to 19:00.
- Sept 16-Oct 29: 10:00 to 18:00.
- Oct 30-Dec 31: 10:00 to 17:00.
- December 25: 10:00 to 14:00.
- Parc de la Ciutadella, 08003 Barcelona.
Barcelona Zoo is one of the city's most visited locations and boasts attractions that will captivate the whole family. While visiting be sure not to miss the following highlights:
Large Primate House:
Here you will meet Barcelona Zoo's seven resident gorillas. Observe how they interact, play and behave as a family unit. With a legacy of primate conservation stemming back to Snowflake, Barcelona Zoo is an ideal place to learn about one of our closest animal relatives.
Land of Dragons:
As the name suggests, here you will find the magnificent Komodo dragons. This exhibit consists of two integrated enclosures which also house other interesting species from across the Asian continent.
This is where you can relax and turn the kids loose. They can run around, pet and experience common farm animals like pigs, goats, and sheep. And if your kids are a bit more adventurous a pony ride can even be arranged.
This is where most of the poisonous reptiles you see on television are housed. Barcelona Zoo hosts one of the largest collections of amphibians and reptiles in Europe. From poisonous frogs to large snakes and caimans, it’s really not a place for the faint of heart.
Here you can witness dolphins jumping and entertaining the crowd. This is one of Barcelona Zoo's main attractions and a real crowd-pleaser.
These are just a few of the attractions Barcelona Zoo has to offer. There are also kangaroos, Sumatran tigers, lions, elephants, hippos and many more animals that will keep you busy for a whole day. Make your booking now to come and experience the natural wonders of Barcelona Zoo.
- Bicycle parking is available at both entrances.
- Case lockers are available at both entrances: Large (€5), Medium (€4), Small (€3).
- All facilities (except the Aquarama) are accessible via a wheelchair ramp. The Aquarama instead features a platform lift.
- Barcelona Zoo has 4 picnic areas and various bars/restaurants.