About The Big Bus San Francisco Tour:
For travellers who savour sprawling cityscapes and raw natural beauty, the Big Bus San Francisco tour is your ticket to happiness. Explore the famous City by the Bay on an open-top double-decker bus and enjoy either live or recorded commentary about its history.
20+ hop-on hop-off stops around the city ensure you're never far from the best attractions, allowing you to plan your own itinerary with flexibility and confidence. All 1-2 day tickets include 4 exciting walking tours (see below), and Premium and Deluxe tickets even come with a panoramic Night Bus Tour and Sausalito Trolley pass.
From coastal hotspots such as Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 to iconic districts like Haight Ashbury and Chinatown, Big bus makes touring the city easy. The diversity of hop-off locations is great for visitors who intend to stick to the more touristy areas and ones who want to delve deeper for the ultimate tailored experience.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Digital Audio: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Live English-speaking guides 7-days a week on all routes and tours.
Tour Times / Frequency:
- Red Route (Apr-Oct): 09:00 to 18:00, every 10-15 minutes.
- Red Route (Nov-Mar): 09:00 to 17:00, every 20-30 minutes.
- Night Tour: Twice daily at 18:30 & 19:00.
- Sausalito Tour: 10:15 to 16:30, every 20-30 minutes.
Various, see Map Download.
- Red Route: Approximately 2.5 Hours.
- Night Tour: 2 Hours.
- Sausalito Tour: 1.5 Hours.
- Audio Guide (Headphones Included).
- Live English-Speaking Guides.
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
- Free On-Board Wi-Fi.
- Free Mobile App (Download On Bus).
- Wheelchair Accessible Buses.
| Red 'San Francisco' Route - 21 Stops:
- 1) Fisherman's Visitor Centre (Mason St).
- 2) Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf (North Point St).
- 3) Washington Square / North Beach (621 Columbus Avenue).
- 4) Embarcadero Centre (Corner of Clay and Battery St).
- 5) Ferry Building (1 Market Street).
- 6) Union Square South (Corner of Geary and Powell St).
- 7) Hilton Hotel (201 Mason Street).
- 8) Civic Centre (Fulton Street between Larkin St and Hyde St).
- 9) San Francisco Jazz Centre (201 Franklin St).
- 10) Alamo Square (979 Fell St).
- 11) Haight Ashbury (Corner of Haight and Shrader Streets).
- 12) Golden Gate Park (55 Music Concourse Dr).
- 13) Golden Gate Bridge North (North Vista Point).
- 14) Palace of Fine Arts (Corner of Richardson Ave and Francisco St).
- 15) Marina / Cow Hollow (2101 Lombard St).
- 16) Lombard Street (1599 Lombard St).
- 17) Union Square North (427-455 Post St).
- 18) Chinatown Gate (342 Grant Ave).
- 19) Portsmouth Square Chinatown (710 Kearny St).
- 20) Cruise Terminal (Pier 35 - Embarcadero).
- 21) Fisherman’s Wharf (Pier 39).
| Blue 'Night' Route - 2 Stops:
- 1) Mason St at Cnr of Jefferson St (Start & End).
- 2) Treasure Island.
| Green 'Sausalito' Route - 5 Stops:
- 22) Golden Gate Bridge North (North Vista Point).
- 23) Horseshoe Bay (Centre Road).
- 24) Downtown Sausalito (Humbolt Avenue).
- 25) Bay Model (2100 Bridgeway).
- 26) Golden Gate Bridge South (South Vista Point).
Free Cycle Hire:
- Included with Premium and Deluxe Tickets.
Present your Premium or Deluxe Big Bus ticket at any one of San Francisco's Blazing Saddles shops and get a free 1 hour bike rental. The city is very cycle friendly and taking to two wheels is a great way to see its sights.
Big Bus San Francisco Night Tour:
- Included with Premium and Deluxe Tickets.
The two hour Night Tour of San Francisco begins from the Big Bus Visitor Centre in Fisherman’s Wharf, taking you through Union Street to the Presidio, where you can enjoy spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge. The tour then climbs up the historic Nob Hill for a stunning close up view of the magnificent Grace Cathedral.
Proceed across the grand Bay Bridge for picturesque views of the city skyline from Treasure Island, site of the 1939’s World Fair. Heading back into the city, the tour will continue along the Embarcadero to view the glittering lights on the Port of San Francisco.
Sausalito Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour:
- Included with Deluxe Tickets.
Visit the picturesque waterfront community of Sausalito, a short distance from the Golden Gate Bridge, on the Big Bus Trolley. Discover distinctive boutiques, wide selection of restaurants and cafes, and unique art galleries. Relax in the park, or explore the narrow streets in the hills of this quaint seaside town.
4 Free Walking Tours:
- Included with All Tickets.
It might be called Big Bus, but that's not the only way to see San Francisco with this passionate operator. Throughout the day Big Bus offer on-foot excursions with an English-speaking guide through Chinatown, Northbeach, Fisherman's Wharf and the old red light district better known as Barbary Coast. Get personal with the city's culture, meet new people and learn about the gritty details of San Francisco's turbulent rise to prominence.
1) Chinatown Walking Tour:
Walk through the world famous historic neighborhood. See the magnificent Chinatown gates, the busy marketplace and the vibrant mix of historical and modern day culture. The tour begins at Stop 6 and operates every day at 10:00 and 14:00.
2) Northbeach Walking Tour:
This tour will take you on a journey through the eclectic Little Italy district. From Washington Square Park to the incredible St. Peter & Paul Church, the tour will leave you with a taste of the bohemian lifestyle that inspired so many of the artistically gifted San Franciscans of previous generations. The tour begins at Stop 3 and operates every day at 16:00.
3) Barbary Coast Walking Tour:
Tour takes you through a nine block radius of what was once the haunt of the low and vile. Hear about San Francisco’s small beginnings, its boom-town growth because of the California Gold Rush and the end of The Barbary Coast due to the Red Light Abatement Act. The walk will take you through the present Financial District and Jackson Square Historic District. The tour begins at Stop 4 and operates every day at 12:00.
4) Fisherman’s Wharf Walking Tour:
The Fisherman’s Wharf walking tour takes you all the main attractions of the Wharf area, including Ghirardelli Square, the Cannery and Pier 39. See and learn about the famous food and restaurants and the historic ships at Aquatic Park. This walk will familiarise you with role the wharf has played in the history of the city - from the Gold Rush, through the labour struggles of the 1930s and the psychedelic explorations of the 1960s. This tour begins at Stop 1 and operates every day at 11:00 and 14:00.