About The Big Bus Washington DC Sightseeing Tour:
Imagine your dream trip to the US capital: A sunny stroll through the National Mall- the white dome of the Capitol building cresting a blue horizon; an airy journey through colonial Georgetown; family photos with the Washington Monument. Big Bus delivers this and more with its wealth of experience in offering open-top sightseeing bus tours.
Hop-on and off at 40+ stops throughout Washington DC on a safe and convenient double-decker bus. Friendly guides feature on most departures and multi-lingual commentary is available on all 4 tour routes (see below).
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Live English speaking guides - All Blue Loop Tours and alternate Red Loop Tours.
- Digital Audio: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese and Mandarin Chinese.
- A full list of tour timings, stops and durations are contained in the Map Download - View Here.
- Audio Guide (Headphones Included).
- Live English-Speaking Guides.
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
- Free On-Board Wi-Fi.
- Free Mobile App (Download On Bus).
- Wheelchair Accessible Buses.
Big Bus Washington DC has 3 daytime tour routes. During operational hours you can hop-on and off between each of their stops as often as you like. The fourth route is a 2-hour night tour with a fixed itinerary.
Experience the white lights of DC on a 2-hour journey that sets out when the sun sets. The night bus tour is included with the deluxe ticket, but it can be purchased separately.
- 18:00 from stop 19 (White House - outside Willard Hotel).
- 18:30 from stop 1 (Union Station).
Think of the Red route as a compilation of all of Washington DC's must sees. It's the US capital as presented through the pervasive lens of Hollywood. Amongst the wider itinerary are a significant few, including The White House, U.S. Capitol, Air and Space Museum, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial. Everything you can think of visiting throughout the National Mall including the Smithsonian Museums feature along this intriguing hop-on hop-off route.
Times / Frequency: See map/timetable in 'Downloads' tab above. Duration: 1 Hour 40 Minutes.
| 21 Stops:
- 1) Union Station.
- 2) US Capitol & Botanical Garden.
- 3) Museum of the Bible.
- 4) Air & Space Museum.
- 5) Smithsonian Castle.
- 6) Washington Monument West.
- 7) Bureau of Engraving & Holocaust Museum.
- 8) Jefferson Memorial.
- 9) FDR and MLK Memorials.
- 10) Lincoln Memorial South & Korean War Memorial.
- 11) Lincoln Memorial North & Vietnam War Memorial.
- 12) WWII Memorial.
- 13) Washington Monument East.
- 14) American History Museum.
- 15) Natural History Museum.
- 16) Newseum.
- 17) City Centre.
- 18) Ford's Theatre & Madame Tussauds.
- 19) White House South (Willard Hotel).
- 20) National Archives and National Art Gallery.
- 21) Liaison and Hyatt Hotels.
In many ways the scenic route of the tour, you will cross the Potomac river on a journey to see Pentagon City as well as the white rows of Arlington National Cemetery. Grab a bite to eat or spend some time browsing the shops at stop 25, and spectate the Changing of the Guard ceremony outside the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier during your time in Arlington.
Times / Frequency: See map/timetable in 'Downloads' tab above. Duration: 55 Minutes.
| 5 Stops:
- 22) Lincoln Memorial North & Vietnam War Memorial.
- 23) WWII Memorial.
- 24) Bureau of Engraving & Holocaust Museum.
- 25) Pentagon City Mall.
- 26) Arlington National Cemetery.
The Yellow route travels out to the charming and historical Georgetown district, one of the most beautiful areas of the capital. You can also hop-off right next to the Ford Theatre, famous site of the Lincoln assassination.
Times / Frequency: See map/timetable in 'Downloads' tab above. Duration: 1 Hour 20 Minutes.
| 14 Stops:
- 27) Lincoln Memorial North & Vietnam War Memorial.
- 28) WWII Memorial.
- 29) Washington Monument East.
- 30) White House South (Willard Hotel).
- 31) White House North.
- 32) Mayflower Hotel.
- 33) DuPont Circle.
- 34) Washington Hilton.
- 35) Adams Morgan.
- 36) National Zoo.
- 37) Woodley Park.
- 38) Washington Circle.
- 39) Georgetown Harbour.
- 40) Four Seasons Hotel.