• Important Info •
Key information about the tour is listed below.
All year round, daily.
• Live English speaking guides on every 2nd bus.
• Digital Audio: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese and Mandarin Chinese.
• English language commentary.
Bus Times / Frequency:
• Red Loop: 09:00-16:00, every 15-20 minutes.
• Blue Loop: 09:00-16:00, every 30 minutes.
• Yellow Loop: 09:00-16:00, every 30 minutes.
• Green Loop: 09:00-16:00, every 30 minutes.
Various, see Map Download.
• Red Loop: 1 Hour 45 Minutes.
• Blue Loop: 1 Hour.
• Yellow Loop: 2 Hour.
• Green Loop: 1 Hour.
• Child tickets aged 5-15 years.
Children aged 4 years and under travel free.
About The Big Bus Washington DC Sightseeing Tour:
Imagine your dream trip to the US capital: A sunny stroll through the National Mall- the white dome of the Capitol building cresting a blue horizon; an airy journey through colonial Georgetown; family photos with the Washington Monument. Big Bus delivers this and more with its wealth of experience in offering open-top sightseeing bus tours.
Hop-on and off at 40+ stops throughout Washington DC on a safe and convenient double-decker bus. Friendly guides feature on most departures and multi-lingual commentary is available on all 4 tour routes (see below).
Big Bus Washington DC Tour Map:
Click for larger view.
Ticket Usage Instructions:
Print off the ticket voucher you receive from this site and present it to a member of the Big Bus Washington DC tour staff at any stop (see map above).
• Classic | • Deluxe | • Night (see 'DC Tour Routes')
'Classic' | 24-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off:
- 24-hour pass for the Red, Blue and Yellow loops.
- Free Madame Tussauds admission.
- Free hand-roasted coffee.
- Complimentary Garrett Popcorn treat bag.
- 10% off souvenir bill at White House Gifts.
'Deluxe' | 48-Hour Hop-On Hop-Off:
- All 'Classic Ticket' inclusions, plus:
- Green trolley loop.
- 2-hour Night Tour.
- Free 1-hour bike hire.
About The DC Tour Routes:
Think of the Red route as a compilation of all of Washington DC's must sees. It's the US capital as presented through the pervasive lens of Hollywood. Amongst the wider itinerary are a significant few, including The White House, U.S. Capitol, Air and Space Museum, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial. Everything you can think of visiting throughout the National Mall including the Smithsonian Museums feature along this intriguing hop-on hop-off route.
In many ways the scenic route of the tour, you will cross the Potomac river on a journey to see Pentagon City as well as the white rows of Arlington National Cemetery. Grab a bite to eat or spend some time browsing the shops at stop 25, and spectate the Changing of the Guard ceremony outside the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier during your time in Arlington.
The Yellow route travels out to the charming and historical Georgetown district, one of the most beautiful areas of the capital. You can also hop-off right next to the Ford Theatre, famous site of the Lincoln assassination.
Joining the Green route you are taken on a traditional trolley ride north-west up winding-slopes towards the Washington National Cathedral, the Smithsonian Zoo, and down through Embassy Row.
Experience the white lights of DC on a 2-hour journey that sets out when the sun sets. Why not save money by combining your night bus tour with a 48-hour hop-on hop-off pass?
Night Bus Departure Times:
- 18:00 from stop 20 (White House - outside Willard Hotel).
- 18:30 from stop 1 (Union Station).
Red Loop Bus Stops:
- 1, Union Station
- 2, US Capitol & Botanical Garden
- 3, American Indian Museum
- 4, Air & Space Museum
- 5, Smithsonian Castle
- 6, Washington Monument West
- 7, Bureau of Engraving & Holocaust Museum
- 8, Jefferson Memorial
- 9, FDR and MLK Memorials
- 10, Lincoln Memorial South & Korean War Memorial
- 11, Lincoln Memorial North & Vietnam War Memorial
- 12, WWII Memorial
- 13, Washington Monument East
- 14, American History Museum
- 15, Natural History Museum
- 16, Newseum
- 17, Portrait Gallery and Spy Museum
- 18, City Centre
- 19, Ford's Theatre & Madame Tussauds
- 20, White House
- 21, National Archives and National Art Gallery
- 22, Liaison and Hyatt Hotels
Blue Loop Bus Stops:
- 23, Washington Monument West
- 24, Bureau of Engraving & Holocaust Museum
- 25, Pentagon City Mall
- 26, Arlington National Cemetery
- 27, Lincoln Memorial North & Vietnam War Memorial
- 28, WWII Memorial
Green Loop Bus Stops:
- 43, Washington Hilton
- 44, Adams Morgan
- 45, Woodley Park
- 46, National Zoo
- 47, Washington National Cathedral
- 48, Embassy Row
Yellow Loop Bus Stops:
- 29, Washington Monument East
- 30, White House
- 31, White House & US Treasury
- 32, White House North
- 33, Mayflower Hotel
- 34, DuPont Circle
- 35, Washington Hilton
- 36, Washington Circle
- 37, Georgetown Canal & Shops
- 38, Georgetown Harbour
- 39, Four Seasons Hotel
- 40, Kennedy Centre
- 41, Lincoln Memorial North & Vietnam War Memorial
- 42, WWII Memorial