About The Blue Mountains Explorer Tour:
If you're ever in New South Wales, a place you simply can't afford to miss is the Blue Mountains - particularly the area surrounding the scenic town of Katoomba. Take a 2 hour train from Sydney and venture into a world of sprawling flat-topped mountains, lush canyons and Eucalyptus forests.
The Blue Mountains hop-on hop-off bus tour makes frequent daily departures from the front of Katoomba Railway Station, allowing you to begin your journey of discovery from the moment you arrive. 31 hop-on hop-off stops reveal major attractions such as the Scenic Worlds Centre and Three Sisters.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Live English-speaking tour guide.
Tour Times /Frequency:
- 09:45 to 17:00, Every 30 minutes.
- Various, see Map Download.
- 60 minutes.
- Live English-Speaking Guides.
- Printed Tour Map & 72-Page Guidebook.
The vistas of the Jamison Valley are made all the better when enjoyed from the upper deck of an open-top sightseeing bus. See the noble peaks of the Three Sisters rock formation as you wind your way towards the Leura Cascades and the Gordon Falls. In addition to the fantastic views you'll visit a number of the most popular attractions in the area. Hop off at stop 12 for 'Katoomba Scenic Worlds', a site which houses four of the most fun things to on the entire route.
The Scenic Skyway is an aerial voyage across the Jamison Valley in a huge moving platform whose liquid crystal floor can become transparent to reveal the 270m deep gorge below! The Cableway is another cable driven vehicle except it conveys its passengers to the valley floor whilst providing one-of-a-kind views of the Three Sisters, Orpahan Rock and Mt. Solitary along the way.
The Scenic Walkway lets you take a 2.5km stroll through dense wilderness. Navigating the trail is no issue as you will follow a raised boardwalk the full length of the way. Finally, there's the Scenic Railway, consistently the most popular of the four activities. Ride down the cliff face on the world's most steeply inclined passenger train. When you reach the bottom there's a historic mining attraction that's interesting for all ages.
| 31 Stops:
- 1) Katoomba.
- 2) The Arts Corner.
- 3) The Gingerbread House.
- 4) Lost Bear Gallery.
- 5) Lurline House.
- 6) Shelton Lea / Three Sisters Motel.
- 7) Katoomba Cascades.
- 8) Katoomba Falls.
- 9) Scenic World.
- 10) Narrow Neck Lookout.
- 11) Katoomba Falls Holiday Park.
- 12) Blue Mountains Chocolate Co.
- 13) Accommodation Echo Point.
- 14) Echo Point - The Three Sisters.
- 15) Honeymoon Lookout.
- 16) Kiah Lookout.
- 17) Leura Cascades.
- 18) Gordon Falls.
- 19) Leuralla Toy and Railway Museum.
- 20) Lyrebird Dell.
- 21) Leura Village / Wentworth Falls Link.
- 22) Gladstone Road.
- 23) Waldorf Leura Gardens Resort.
- 24) Fairmont Resort.
- 25) Everglades House and Gardens.
- 26) Leura Railway Station.
- 27) Alexandra Hotel.
- 28) G'Day Motel / Alpine Motor Inn.
- 29) Hotel Gearin / Katoomba Railway.
- 30) Conservation Hut.
- 31) Wentworth Falls.