About The Bondi Beach Walking Tour:
Led by one of Let's Go Surfing's friendly instructors, the Discover Bondi walking tour is a fantastic introduction to the culture and history of Bondi Beach, as well as the daily lives and work of the iconic Bondi Lifesavers.
It lasts around one and a half hours, and starts outside the Let's Go Surfing Check-In Centre at 128 Ramsgate Avenue. From here you'll head down to the beach for a stroll along the golden sands, learning about the history of Australia's beach culture, famous establishments, and important local events such as 'Black Sunday' along the way.
Eventually you'll reach Australia’s oldest surf lifesaving club, HQ of the men and women tasked with keeping Bondi's beachgoers safe. This portion of the tour includes an overview of the work they do as well as the techniques and equipment they use to rescue people in distress. As a memento of your visit there will be an opportunity to have your photo taken with your Bondi lifesaver and board with the rolling waves as a backdrop.
Lastly, take a walk along Bondi’s coastal headland. This area is rich in Aboriginal rock carvings, marine life spotting locations and stunning vantage points. Before departing expect your guide to offer tips on the area's best restaurants, shops and activities.
- All Year Round, Monday to Friday | Except Dec 25-26 and Jan 1 & 25.
- Live English-Language Commentary.
schedule Departure Time:
place Departure Point:
- 128 Ramsgate Ave, North Bondi NSW 2026
- 1.5 Hours.
error Important Note:
- It's recommended that participants bring a hat and wear comfortable walking shoes for this tour.
- A moderate level of physical fitness is recommended for this tour.
- Unfortunately this tour is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Transport To And From Departure Location.