Please find a dinner menu, the concert program and other details further down the page.
About The Gala Concert & Dinner Cruise:
Make a date with this one-of-a-kind spectacle during your trip to Budapest. The gala concert combines elements of Classical, Operetta, Hungarian Folk and Gypsy music, creating an event that's as dynamic as it is exhilarating. One of Hungary's most renowned classical music ensembles, the Danube Symphony Orchestra leads each performance. They're accompanied on-stage by professional ballet dancers.
The concert also features a performance by one of the leading talents from Hungary’s national 'Virtuoso' talent show, and operetta performances by soloists from the Budapest Operetta Theatre. Additionally, you'll get a taste of Hungarian folk culture through traditional folk song adaptations performed by an authentic Gypsy ensemble.
After the concert join a 1.5-hour river cruise on a heated and air-conditioned ship. Here you'll enjoy a buffet dinner consisting of Hungarian and international specialities, vegetarian foods and many different delicious desserts. The ship's panoramic windows let you admire the nighttime beauty of Budapest while you eat. After dinner you can enjoy the view from the open upper deck.
event_seat Select A Seating Category:
When booking your gala concert you'll be asked to select a seating category; these are listed 1 to 3 and will determine where you are seated during the show. Each category is explained below:
- Category 1: Rows 2-11 (front section), closer to the stage, though just behind the VIP row.
- Category 2: Rows 1-7 (back section).
- Category 3: Rows 8-10 (back section).
- VIP: Row 1 (front section).
Click/tap here to view a downloadable map of Danube Palace's seating arrangement.
today Season | 2019/20 Show Dates:
- All available dates can be viewed on the booking calendar.
schedule Schedule Of Events:
- The following schedule is based on the 20:00 Show/22:00 Cruise.
- 19:30: Arrival at the venue (Danube Palace).
- 19:45: Hostesses escort you to your seats in the theatre.
- 20:00: The first part of the performance begins.
- 20:45: Intermission. Grab a drink at the bar or chose from a selection of Hungarian souvenirs.
- 21:00: The second part of the performance begins.
- 21:45: The end of the performance - hostesses will escort you to the dinner boat.
- 22:00: Boarding and departure. You will be offered a welcome drink upon boarding. The buffet dinner will be served once everyone is seated.
- 23:20: Cruise ends. Hostesses will be happy to call taxis on request. These will be waiting to take you back to your hotel when you leave the boat.
place Danube Palace Address:
- 1051, Zrinyi Street 5. Budapest.
- Check-in at the Hungaria Koncert desk inside the building.
- Concert & Dinner Cruise: Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes each.
Dinner Cruise Menu:
Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves cream.
Traditional Hungarian Fish Soup.
Alföld style goulash with small dumplings.
Vegetable cream soup.
Warm Main Courses:
Mini stuffed cabbage.
Traditional chicken leg 'Paprikasch'.
Roasted chicken breast with basil-cheese sauce.
Spicy pork rib with thyme and mustard sauce.
Roasted sea fish with Chardonnay sauce.
Garnishes & Vegetarian:
Grilled polenta with feta cheese.
Homemade dumplings with spinach and mustard-mushroom sauce.
Steamed jasmin rice with corn.
Fresh seasonal salads with dressings.
Italian pasta salad.
Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise.
Seasonal Fruit Basket.
Somló style sponge cake.
Dessert variations Európa style.
One glass of wine/beer (or juice) and one bottle of mineral water.
Gala Concert Program:
Hector Berlioz: Rákóczi March (Orchestra).
Zoltán Kodály: Intermezzo - from the Opera Háry János (Orchestra).
Johannes Brahms: Hungarian Dances No. 5. (Orchestra with cimbalom solo).
Béla Bartók: Roumanian Folk Dances (Orchestra).
Jules Massenet: Thais - Meditation (Kiss Zoltán, Orchestra).
Ferenc Erkel: Palotás - from the Opera Hunyadi László (Orchestra).
Franz Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2. (Orchestra with cimbalom solo).
- Intermission -
Franz Lehár: Eva-Waltz (Ballet Ensemble).
Emmerich Kálmán: The Czardas Queen - "Dasist die Liebe".
Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow - Medley (Orchestra).
Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow - "Grisetten Lied und Kan-Kan" (Ballet Ensemble).
Grigoraş Ionică Dinicu: The Nightingale (Gypsy Band).
A Csitári Hegyek Alatt - (Hungarian folk song by gypsy band).
Vittorio Monti: Csárdás Czardas (Gypsy Band).
Emmerich Kalman: The Devil-rider - Palotás (Orchestra & Ballet Ensemble).
Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza - "Komm mit nach Varazdin".
Johann Strauss Jr: Long live the Magyar! Op. 332. (Orchestra).
Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza - "Braunes Mädel von der Pussta" (Ballet Ensemble).
With Danube Symphonic Orchestra, Ballet Ensemble and soloists of Budapest Operetta Theatre.