About The Budapest Card:
If you're planning a fun and refreshing weekend trip to the Hungarian capital then the Budapest Card could be one of the few bookings you need to make. It's the city's official travel discount pass, with offers ranging from free public transport to dining, culture and attraction entry concessions.
Cards vary based on their validity period. Select from either 24, 48 or 72 hours depending on the length of your stay or budget. The same list of discounts and services apply to every card regardless of their validity, so needn't worry about missing out even if you're just exploring for a day. You can either have your cards delivered to your hotel (see below), or you can pick them up yourself at the Hungária Koncert office in Danube Palace.
• See What's Included In the Budapest Card Below •
How To Use Your Budapest Card:
Once you've booked your discount card a printable voucher will be sent immediately via email. You'll then have two options:
- 1) Request Hotel Delivery: The local ticket office in Budapest can deliver your cards to any city hotel free of charge. After receiving your printable voucher please email the name and address of your hotel to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll pass this information onto the ticket office (confirmation issued to you via email upon doing so).
- 2) Pick-Up The Cards Yourself: Take your printed voucher to the Hungária Koncert ticket office at Danube Palace (Budapest, Zrínyi u. 5, H-1051). Helpful staff will exchange your voucher for the required number of tickets, as well as address any queries that you may have. The office is open every day from 09:00-21:00.
Upon receiving and signing for your Budapest Card you will have full access to the services that it provides (see below). Each attraction visited is noted electronically within the card itself. Staff will swipe it at the entrance then allow you access.
In most cases this time-saving feature negates the hassle normally incurred by general ticket queues. Note that each free attraction entry/discount is redeemable only once per card, and that cards are valid for their stated number of hours from moment they are first used.
What's Included On The Budapest Card | 2017?
Click the banner for a full list of discounts.
1) Unlimited use of Budapest's public transport system during the card validity period. The following modes of transport are included: BKK Boats, city buses, cogwheel trains, HÉV Trains (within administrative boundaries), trams, trolleybuses, the metro system and the Millennium Underground Railway. All you have to do is present your Budapest Card to a relevant conductor/driver and you'll be able to ride for free.
2) Free or discounted entry to dozens of attractions. Enjoy permanent exhibitions at the following museums: Budapest Museum of History, Aquincum Museum, Kiscelli Museum, Vasarely Museum, Memento Park, and Bartók Béla Memorial House.
Art institutions are also included, these consist of: the Hungarian National Gallery, Mai Manó House, Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Centre, Hopp Ferenc East-Asian Art Museum, and the New Budapest Gallery.
3) 10-30% discounts on selected sightseeing tours, including hop-on hop-off buses and Danube River Cruises.
4) 2 free Budapest walking tours, each lasting approximately 2 hours:
- One of the Pest district starting at 10:00 from Váci Street 31 (District 5) in front of Molnár's Kürtőskalács.
- One of the Buda Castle area starting at 14:00 from the Trinity Statue.
5) A Budapest Pocket City Guide (received upon card collection). This is downloadable as a mobile app and features 12 themed walking tours.
6) Many more discounts ranging from 10-50%. These include bars and restaurants as well as regular cultural performances held at Danube Palace and St. Stephen's Basilica.