About The Cape Point Explorer Tour:
Cape Point is a place of wild and dramatic beauty, heartstopping views, endemic fynbos and diverse fauna. Discover the very best of this natural sanctuary by embarking on City Sightseeing’s new Cape Point day tour.
The Cape Point Explorer is a full day’s excursion with an English-speaking guide aboard a luxury air-conditioned coach, featuring a drive through picturesque Muizenberg, Fish Hoek and a visit to Boulders Beach with its famous colony of African penguins. The tour then continues to Cape Point, with an optional hike to the Cape of Good Hope headland.
The return route takes in the pretty seaside villages of Scarborough and Kommetjie and the Ou Kaapse Weg mountain pass with spectacular vistas towards False Bay.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays | Except March 11 and 31.
- English speaking guide.
Departure Points / Times:
During days of operation the Cape Point Explorer coaches will collect passengers from nine locations throughout Cape Town, Camps Bay, Sea Point and Green Point. The locations and their corresponding departure times are listed below:
- Camps Bay (Beach Rd - Opposite Bay Hotel) | 08:55.
- President Hotel (Sea Point - Cnr Queens & Alexander Rd) | 09:05.
- St John's Rd (Sea Point - Cnr Beach & St John’s Rd | 09:10.
- Winchester Mansions (Beach Rd - Opposite hotel | 09:12.
- Green Point (Sea Point - Beach Rd - Next to lighthouse | 09:16.
- V&A Waterfront (City Sightseeing Tour Office) | 09:30.
- Lower Long St (Lower Long St) | 09:37.
- 81 Long St (City Sightseeing Tour Office) | 09:42.
- Mount Nelson Hotel (Bus Stop Cnr Orange & Hatfield St) | 09:47.
- The return time is approximately 17:30.
- Approximately 8 hours.
- Entry to Boulders Beach.
- Ticket for the Flying Dutchman Funicular*.
*Tickets for the funicular can be purchased at an extra cost by travellers who may be unable (or unwilling) to do the optional hike to the Cape of Good Hope headland.
- Adult Return (R65); Adult Single (R50).
- Child Return (R25); Child Single (R20).
Boulders Beach Rates:
- Adult (R70).
- Child (R35).
Visit the Cape of Good Hope from Cape Town on this 8-hour day tour. The experience is designed to encapsulate the full natural beauty of the Cape Peninsula. Take a scenic drive through the coastal villages of Muizenberg and Fish Hoek, then visit Boulders Beach to see a colony of African penguins.
In time you'll reach the rocky headland of Cape Point, where you can either take the Flying Dutchman Funicular up to Cape Point Lighthouse, or enjoy a short hike through the Fynbos. Whichever route you take, you'll eventually arrive at the dramatic southern tip of the Cape Peninsula. Be sure to have you camera primed for crashing waves and sweeping ocean vistas!
On the return journey you'll pass through the little towns of Scarborough and Kommetjie, as well as the panoramic 'Ou Kaapse Weg' mountain pass.