About The Cape Point Explorer Tour:
Cape Point is a place of wild and dramatic beauty, heartstopping views, endemic fynbos and diverse fauna. Discover the very best of this natural sanctuary by embarking on City Sightseeing’s new Cape Point day tour.
The Cape Point Explorer is a full day’s excursion with an English-speaking guide aboard a luxury air-conditioned coach, featuring a drive through picturesque Muizenberg, Fish Hoek and a visit to Boulders Beach with its famous colony of African penguins. The tour then continues to Cape Point, with an optional hike to the Cape of Good Hope headland.
The return route takes in the pretty seaside villages of Scarborough and Kommetjie and the Ou Kaapse Weg mountain pass with spectacular vistas towards False Bay.
The Cape of Good Hope day tour departs daily, except March 12 and April 15.
- English speaking guide.
Departure Points / Times:
The Cape Point Explorer Day Tour operates daily (except March 12 and Apr 15) with departure times between 09:25-10:17 from selected hotels and stops in Camps Bay, Sea Point, Green Point and the city, as well as City Sightseeing tour offices at stop 1 (V&A Waterfront) and stop 5 (Long Street). The return time is approximately 17:30.
View the timetable download below for a full list of departure points and times.
- See Timetable Download.
- Adult tickets aged 12+ years.
- Child tickets aged 2-11 years.
Your Cape Point Tour | What's Included?
- Transport to Cape Point in a luxury air-conditioned coach.
- Admission to the Cape Point Nature Reserve + English-speaking guide.
- Scenic drive through Muizenberg and Fish Hoek.
- Visit to Boulders Beach and African Penguin Colony.
- Spectacular views across False Bay.
- Optional hike to the Cape of Good Hope headland.
- Return transport via Scarborough, Kommetjie and the Ou Kaapse Weg mountain pass.
- Entry to Boulders Beach.
- Ticket for the Flying Dutchman Funicular*.
*Tickets for the funicular can be purchased at an extra cost by travellers who may be unable (or unwilling) to do the optional hike to the Cape of Good Hope headland.
- Adult Return (R65); Adult Single (R50).
- Child Return (R25); Child Single (R20).
Boulders Beach Rates:
- Adult (R70).
- Child (R35).