About The Christchurch Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour:
On this 2-part sightseeing tour, see the sights of Christchurch aboard New Zealand’s only open-top double-decker tour, and then explore greater Christchurch by closed-top double-decker bus.
Accompanied by a local English-speaking guide, you'll see top city attractions like Hagley Park, the Bridge of Remembrance and New Regent Street as you learn about the city's recovery from the 2011 earthquake. You'll then leave the city centre and head to the seaside suburb of Sumner, the Port Hills for panoramic views, and the beautiful Mona Vale Gardens.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Live English-Speaking Guide.
Timetable | Red Central Line:
- Nov 1 - Apr 30 | 10:00 to 16:00, every 60 minutes.
- May 1 - Oct 31 | 10:00 to 14:00, every 60 minutes.
Timetable | Blue Discover Line:
- Nov 1 - Apr 30 | Departs 09:00, 12:00 and 15:00.
- May 1 - Oct 31 | One departure at 15:00.
- Start & Return: Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Avenue.
- Central Line: 1-Hour.
- Discover Line: 2-Hours.
- Food & Drink.
- Hotel Pick-Up & Drop-Off.
Central Line | 7 Stops:
- 1) Canterbury Museum.
- 2) Mona Vale.
- 3) Westfield Riccarton Mall.
- 4) Cardboard Cathedral.
- 5) Margaret Mahy Playground.
- 6) Cathedral Square.
- 7) Earthquake Memorial/The Terrace.
Discover Line | 5 Stops:
- 8) Canterbury Museum.
- 9) Residential 'Red Zone'.
- 10) Summer Village.
- 11) Sign of the Takahe/Port Hills.
- 12) Quake City.