About The City Explorer Liverpool Tour:
Explore Liverpool at your own pace aboard the City Explorer Liverpool hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour. See the city's best landmarks from the top deck of a modern, open-top bus. Soak in all the culture Liverpool has to offer and enjoy live on-board commentary.
There are 14 bus stops along the tour route, letting you hop-on and off at your convenience or even just stop for a coffee or a bite to eat. Buy tickets now and enjoy your sightseeing bus tour of Liverpool.
- All Year Round, Daily | Except Dec 23-26 and Mar 31.
- Live English-speaking guide.
Tour Times / Frequency:
- Apr 1 - Oct 29: 10:00 (First Tour) - 16:30 (Last) | Every 30 mins.
- Oct 30 - Mar 30: 10:00 (First Tour) - 15:30 (Last) | Every 30 mins.
- First and last tours are based on departures from stop 1 (Albert Dock, Gower Street).
- Various, see Interactive Map or Itinerary List below.
- Approx. 60 minutes.
- Live English-Speaking Guide.
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
- All buses are wheelchair accessible.
Liverpool is bursting with treasured landmarks and fun attractions just waiting to be discovered. There's no shortage of culture in a city that has been labelled the 'World Capital City of Pop', and it also maintains a strong link to the seas, with busy modern ports and museums dedicated to an ancient maritime legacy. On a City Explorer Liverpool bus tour you'll experience every angle and facet of this dynamic English metropolis. Professional tour guides are on all the buses delivering an informative and interesting commentary in English.
Travel down to the Albert Docks where you can visit the Beatles Story, a popular attraction chronicling the life, culture and music of the Beatles. If you don't mind heights, take a ride on the Wheel of Liverpool, a new 60 metre high ferris wheel located beside the Liverpool Echo Arena and Convention Centre. Also situated around the Albert Docks is the Merseyside Maritime Museum and the city's top souvenir shop, 'Impressions of Liverpool'.
Beyond the docks area you can undertake a bit of retail therapy in the shops along Lord Street, or later on at the extensive 'Liverpool One' mall. Continue on up Victoria street where another highlight of the Beatles Trail lies. The Cavern Club is where the band performed their first gigs to local audiences from a debut appearance in 1961 until impending stardom in 1963. In the heart of the town the tour will make stops at St Georges Hall, Walker Art Gallery, Metropolitan Cathedral and the Adelphi Hotel.
Be sure to check out the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral and Chinatown, both located along Upper Duke Street. One should note that the Liverpool Chinatown was the first of its kind established in Europe. Other great attraction ideas include the Spaceport, the U-boat Story, and Liverpool War Museum.
| 13 Stops:
- 1) Albert Dock (Gower Street).
- 2) Pier Head (Canada Boulevard).
- 3) Liverpool One (Lord Street).
- 4) The Cavern Quarter (Victoria Street).
- 5) Museums, Gallery & Library (William Brown Street).
- 6) Queen Square Bus Station (Stand 2).
- 7) Adelphi Hotel (Brownlow Hill).
- 8) Metropolitan Cathedral (Mount Pleasant).
- 9) Philharmonic Pub (Hope Street).
- 10) Liverpool Cathedral (Upper Duke Street).
- 11) St Luke's - Bombed Out Church (Berry Street).
- 12) Chinese Arch (Great George Street).
- 13) Echo Arena & ACC (Kings Parade).