About The City Sightseeing Aveiro And Ilhavo Bus Tour:
Explore two fascinating towns by open-top bus with City Sightseeing Aveiro and Ilhavo. Both are situated on the Atlantic coast and have strong nautical traditions which- particularly in the case of Aveiro- manifest themselves in the very architecture of the streets. Both are nowhere near as crowded and touristy as Lisbon or Albufeira, instead, visitors get a sophisticated and authentic slice of Portuguese culture. See the beautifully designed Barcos Moliceiros canal boats, peruse the museums and waterside Art Nouveau buildings, and admire the crafts of 'Vista Alegre', the Ilhavo porcelain factory.
The City Sightseeing Aveiro and Ilhavo tour starts at Aveiro's tourist office on the Rua Joao Mendonca. The route has eight stops in total and they all combine to give you a 360° perspective on both towns. PLEASE NOTE. This tour only operates from July-September.
Bus Tour Map:
Click map for larger view.
Using Your Bus Tour Tickets:
- Once you've purchased your tour ticket[s] a voucher will be sent immediately via email.
- Please print this out and present it to a driver at any City Sightseeing Aveiro bus stop.
- Ticket vouchers are usable within 3 months of purchase and do not need to be exchanged by the named person.
Ticket Holder Discounts:
By buying the Aveiro and Ilhavo open-top bus tour you will entitled to a number of offers in both towns:
• 50% discount on entry to the Vista Alegre Museum and Porcelain Factory in Aveiro.
• 50% discount on entry to the Ilhavo Maritime Museum.
• 10% discount on performances held at the Centro Cultural Ilhavo.
City Sightseeing Aveiro & Ilhavo Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Stops:
- 1, Rua Joao Mendonca (Tourist Office)
- 2, Parque Municipal Infante D. Pedro
- 3, Aveiro University
- 4, Fabrica da Ciencia Viva
- 5, Ecomuseu Marinha da Troncalhada
- 6, Vista Alegra
- 7, Centro de Ilhavo
- 8, The Maritime Museum of Ilhavo
- 9, Aveiro Museum
- 10, Estacao Caminhos de Ferro
- 11, Centro de Congressos