Unfortunately, the City Sightseeing Aveiro tour is no longer in operation. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please find a link to our other Portugal bus tours here.
- July-September, Daily.
- Digital Audio: English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Dutch.
Tour Times / Frequency:
- 09:30-18:00, every 30 minutes.
- 1 Full Circuit: 1.5 Hours.
- Various, see Map Download.
- Child tickets aged 4-12 years.
About The City Sightseeing Aveiro And Ilhavo Bus Tour:
Explore two fascinating towns by open-top bus with City Sightseeing Aveiro and Ilhavo. Both are situated on the Atlantic coast and have strong nautical traditions which- particularly in the case of Aveiro- manifest themselves in the very architecture of the streets. Both are nowhere near as crowded and touristy as Lisbon or Albufeira, instead, visitors get a sophisticated and authentic slice of Portuguese culture. See the beautifully designed Barcos Moliceiros canal boats, peruse the museums and waterside Art Nouveau buildings, and admire the crafts of 'Vista Alegre', the Ilhavo porcelain factory.
The City Sightseeing Aveiro and Ilhavo tour starts at Aveiro's tourist office on the Rua Joao Mendonca. The route has eight stops in total and they all combine to give you a 360° perspective on both towns. PLEASE NOTE. This tour only operates from July-September.
Ticket Holder Discounts:
By buying the Aveiro and Ilhavo open-top bus tour you will entitled to a number of offers in both towns:
• 50% discount on entry to the Vista Alegre Museum and Porcelain Factory in Aveiro.
• 50% discount on entry to the Ilhavo Maritime Museum.
• 10% discount on performances held at the Centro Cultural Ilhavo.