About The City Sightseeing Malta Tour:
Whether you set out from Valletta's historic waterfront or the bustling tourist town of Bugibba, the City Sightseeing Malta tour lets you explore the island's most treasured sights and attractions at your own pace.
With tickets that are valid for up to 2 days, two north-south routes, and over 30 hop-on hop-off bus stops in total, you'll have plenty of time and flexibility to discover the sights that interest you most.
Relax atop the upper deck and let 7000 years worth of history roll by. You'll witness scenic views of Valletta Harbour, St. Julians Bay, the Tarxien Temples, and much more. Commentary is available in 9 languages, so you won't miss a snippet of the island's vibrant heritage.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Digital Audio: English, Maltese, Italian, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Danish, Japanese, Polish, Finnish, Portuguese and Chinese.
Tour Times / Frequency:
- Red Route: Every 45 minutes, see Timetable.
- Blue Route: Every 30 minutes, see Timetable.
- Red Route: Approx. 2 Hrs.
- Blue Route: Approx. 3.5 Hrs.
- Various, see Map Downloads or Itinerary List below.
- Audio Guide (Headphones Included).
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
- Free On-Board Wi-Fi.
The Blue Route:
Blue Route Timetable - 2018 | View/Download. Blue Route Map | View/Download.
This route sets out from the popular tourist town of Bugibba. After making a circuit of the town's hotels and waterfront it weaves its way south along the scenic north coast towards St. Julians Bay and Sliema. Both locations feature plenty of stops next to lively beach fronts, shopping centres and nightlife hotspots. From here the buses work their way around various stops in central Valletta. First is the Phoenicia Hotel near the city's main gate, then the War Museum and Fort St Elmo as well as the Malta Experience & Knights Hospital.
At Stop 20, The Valletta Waterfront Terminus, you can either choose to exchange over to the southern Red Route (see below), or continue onto the second half of the Blue Route tour.
Stick with the Blue Line tour and you'll be driven east of the capital and out into the open Mediterranean countryside surrounding the city of Mdina and the village of Ta'Qali. During the outward journey from Valletta the bus will first arrive at the beautiful San Anton Gardens and Palace. Though the palace is the official residence of the president of Malta the gardens which accompany it are open to the public, and by taking a stroll through the grounds you'll experience some of the loveliest parkland in the country.
Ta'Qali itself has four stops which are positioned outside the area's most popular visitor attractions: the Aviation Museum, the Valletta Glass Blowers, the Crafts Village and Mdina Glassworks. Discover the amazing Arab-era fortifications of Mdina by hopping off at the city's main gates (stop 22). On the return journey to Bugibba you'll have an opportunity to disembark at the Rotunda of Mosta, a Roman Catholic church sporting the third largest unsupported dome in the world, and the Malta National Aquarium.
| 29 Stops:
- 1) Bugibba (Topaz Hotel).
- 2) Bugibba Jetty (Seatrips Outlet).
- 3) Bugibba Centre (Opposite HSBC).
- 4) Bugibba (Santana Hotel).
- 5) Malta National Aquarium.
- 6) Qawra Palace Hotel (Opposite City Sightseeing Outlet).
- 7) Qawra Seafront (Opposite Outlet).
- 8) Qawra (Bellavista Hotel).
- 9) Mediterraneo Marine Park.
- 10) ITS Roundabout.
- 11) St George's Bay, St Julians (City Sightseeing Route Stage).
- 12) Westin Dragonara, St Julians.
- 13) Hilton Malta, St Julians.
- 14) Spinola Bay, St Julians.
- 15) Balluta Bay, St Julians.
- 16) Sliema Seafront (Opposite Preluna Hotel).
- 17) Sliema Ferries (City Sightseeing Stage & Harbour Cruise Stop).
- 18) Opposite Bayview Hotel (City Sightseeing Outlet).
- 19) Valletta (Phoenicia Hotel).
- 20) Valletta Waterfront Terminus (Change For Red Route).
- 21) San Anton Gardens.
- 22) Mdina Main Gate.
- 23) Rabat (Domus Romana).
- 24) Ta Qali (Aviation Museum).
- 25) Ta Qali (Filigree Factory).
- 26) Ta Qali (Mdina Glass).
- 27) Mosta Church.
- 28) Mgarr Church.
- 29) Golden Bay.
- 1) Bugibba (Topaz Hotel).
The Red Route:
Red Route Timetable - 2018 | View/Download. Red Route Map | View/Download.
This route takes you through the southern portions of the island towards the prehistoric village of Tarxien and the picturesque fishing village of Marsaxlokk via the Port of Valletta and Vittoriosa. During the summer months (April-October) the buses that operate on this route will also visit the Blue Grotto at Wied iz-Zurrieq and the Hagar Qim Temples.
| 9 Stops:
- 1) Valletta Waterfront Terminus (Change For Blue Route).
- 2) Tarxien Temples & Hypogeum.
- 3) Vittoriosa Waterfront.
- 4) Marsaxlokk Fishing Village.
- 5) Ghar Dalam Cave & Museum.
- 6) Blue Grotto.
- 7) Hagar Qim & Mnajdra Temples.
- 8) Valletta (City Centre).
- 9) Valletta (Malta Experience & Fort St. Elmo).
- 1) Valletta Waterfront Terminus.