About The Original Windsor & Eton Bus Tour:
It might not be the biggest town in the world, but when you take into consideration its vast outlying parklands, Windsor can prove a bit of a trek. Save time and discover top attractions along the way by boarding the Original Windsor open-top bus tour.
This handy sightseeing service features 11 hop-on hop-off stops positioned alongside various transport links, shopping areas and popular landmarks. If you plan on heading in by train as part of a weekend trip simply purchase a 24 hour ticket, alight at Windsor & Eton Central, then catch the next bus on Castle Hill. Commentary is provided in a choice of 10 languages and all tickets include a selection of discounts.
- April 1 to October 31, Daily.
- Digital Audio: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese, Mandarin and Arabic.
Tour Times / Frequencies:
- Apr - May + Oct: 10:00 to 16:00, every 30 minutes.
- Jun - Sept: 10:00 to 17:00, every 30 minutes.
- Various, see Map Download.
- 1 Hour.
- Audio Guide (Headphones Included).
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
- Wheelchair Accessible Buses.
The Original Windsor and Eton bus tour operates every day between February 10th and November 30th. It allows you come and go as much as you please between 11 hop-on hop-off stops, all while enjoying an informative digital audio guide.
Besides Windsor Castle other important locations along the route include Eton College (stops 7 & 8 by the Burning Bush lantern); Kings Road (stop 11), where you can embark on the scenic Long Walk or follow a path to Frogmore House and Gardens, and Windsor Farm Shop (stop 10).
If you're interested in taking to the waters of the River Thames then hop-off at stop 5 for a French Brothers sightseeing boat trip. Your bus ticket will entitle you to a 10% discount (see map download). If you're feeling slightly more adventurous, however, then try one of the Kris Cruisers self-drive day boats at stop 6.
| 11 Stops:
- 1) Theatre Royal, Thames Street.
- 2) Windsor Castle (Castle Hill Stop).
- 3) Parish Church, High Street.
- 4) Barclays Bank, Castle Hill.
- 5) Windsor & Eton Riverside Station, Datchet Road.
- 6) Datchet Village, Village Green Bus Stop.
- 7) Eton College.
- 8) The Watermans Arms, Brocas Street Stop.
- 9) Eton College, by the Burning Bush Lamp.
- 10) Windsor Farm Shop, Southlea Road/Datchet Road.
- 11) The Windsor Castle Pub, Kings Road.