About The City Sightseeing Windsor & Eton Bus Tour:
It might not be the biggest town in the world, but when you take into consideration its vast outlying parklands, Windsor can prove a bit of a trek. Save time and discover top attractions along the way by boarding the City Sightseeing Windsor open-top bus tour.
This handy sightseeing service features 11 hop-on hop-off stops positioned alongside various transport links, shopping areas and popular landmarks. If you plan on heading in by train as part of a weekend trip simply purchase a 24 hour ticket, alight at Windsor & Eton Central, then catch the next bus on Castle Hill. Commentary is provided in a choice of 10 languages and all tickets include a selection of discounts.
- March 19 - November 30.
- Digital Audio: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, German, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Tour Times / Frequencies:
- April 8 to May 31: 10:00 to 16:00, every 30 minutes.
- June 1 to September 30: 10:00 to 17:00, every 30 minutes.
- October 1 to 31: 10:00 to 16:00, every 30 minutes.
- November 1 to 30: 10:30 to 15:30, every 60 minutes.
- Various, see Map Download.
- 45 minutes.
- Audio Guide (Headphones Included).
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
- Wheelchair Accessible Buses.
The City Sightseeing Windsor and Eton bus tour operates every day between March 25th and October 31st. It allows you come and go as much as you please between 11 hop-on hop-off stops, all while enjoying an informative digital audio guide.
Besides Windsor Castle other important locations along the route include Eton College (stop 8 by the Burning Bush lantern); Kings Road (stop 10), where you can embark on the scenic Long Walk or follow a path to Frogmore House and Gardens, and Windsor Farm Shop (stop 9).
If you're interested in taking to the waters of the River Thames then hop-off at stop 4 for a French Brothers sightseeing boat trip. Your bus ticket will entitle you to a 10% discount (see map download). If you're feeling slightly more adventurous, however, then try one of the Kris Cruisers self-drive day boats at stop 5.
| 11 Stops:
- 1) Castle Hill (outside Windsor Castle).
- 2) High Street (Opposite Church).
- 3) Castle Hill (opposite Windsor Castle).
- 4) Datchet Road (Riverside Station).
- 5) Datchet Green (Kris Cruisers).
- 6) Slough Road (College Chapel).
- 7) Windsor Bridge.
- 8) Eton College (Burning Bush).
- 9) Farm Shop (Hands On Art).
- 10) Kings Road (The Long Walk).
- 11) Thames Street (Theatre Royal Windsor).