About The Darwin Explorer Bus Tour:
There's lots to enjoy in the tropical capital of the Northern Territories, from the markets of Mindil Beach and the festivals of Bicentennial Park to Crocosaurus Cove and the popular Deckchair Cinema.
All of these great attractions and more lie within easy reach of Darwin's open-top sightseeing bus tour. The route has 11 hop-on hop-off stops throughout the city that stretch from East Point in the North to the cruise ship terminal at Fort Hill Wharf. With entertaining commentary and a diverse itinerary this Explorer bus tour is one of the best things to do in Darwin.
The Darwin Explorer tour visits popular local attractions such as the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory and the Military Museum at East Point, with its Defence of Darwin Experience. If you do visit the Museum and Art Gallery take little stroll along Vestey's beach until you arrive at the Fannie Bay Goal Museum, where you can get intriguing insights into the hundred year penal history of the city.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Digital Audio: English.
- A full list of tour timings, stops and durations are contained in the Map Download - View Here.
| 12 Stops:
- 1) Tourist Information Centre (Cnr Smith St. and Bennett St. southern side of The Mall).
- 2) Crocosaurus Cove (Mitchell St. near corner of Peel St.).
- 3) Doctor’s Gully, Aquascene Fish Feeding (Mitchell St. near corner of Daly St.).
- 4) Cullen Bay Jetty (Marina Boulevard).
- 5) Cullen Bay Apartments (Marina Boulevard).
- 6) Casino, Mindil Markets, Botanical Gardens (Gilruth Ave).
- 7) Museum and Art Gallery of Northern Territory (Conacher St.).
- 7a) Military Museum - Defence of Darwin Experience (90 minute tour only; Alec Fong Lim Drive).
- 8) Parap, Parap Markets (Saturday only; Ross Smith Ave near corner of Freer St.).
- 9) Stokes Hill Wharf.
- 10) Waterfront Precinct (Kitchener Drive).
- 11) Fort Hill Wharf (Cruise Ship Terminal, Kitchener Drive).