About Christ Church Cathedral:
Christ Church Cathedral (founded c.1028) is the spiritual heart of the city, and one of the top visitor attractions in Dublin. Step inside and you can enjoy the cathedral’s beautiful interior and fascinating medieval crypt. The history of Christ Church Cathedral reflects the history, both religious and political, of Ireland.
The Cathedral Crypt is the largest in Ireland, dating back to the 12th century, and the beautiful neo-gothic nave is an oasis of calm in the middle of a busy city. Visitors on this self-guided tour have access to the nave and the crypt.
- All Year Round, Daily | Except December 26th.
- Non-Applicable, Self-Guided.
- Christchurch Pl, Wood Quay, Dublin 8.
schedule Tour Times / Frequency:
Please note that last admissions are 45 minutes before closing.
March & October:
- Monday - Saturday: 09:30 to 18:00.
- Sundays: 12:30 to 15:15 / 16:30 to 18:00.
April - September:
- Monday - Saturday: 09:30 to 19:00.
- Sundays: 12:30 to 15:15 / 16:30 to 19:00.
November - February:
- Monday - Saturday: 09:30 to 17:00.
- Sundays: 12:30 to 15:15.
- Belfry Access | Only available as part of a guided tour.
- Ramp entry is available for the nave via the main entrance.
- The Belfry is not accessible to visitors with mobility impairments. Access is also unsuitable for those with vision impairments, claustrophobia and acrophobia, as well as children aged 12 years or under and service animals.
- Normal access to the crypt is via 17 steps from the nave. An external entrance can be made available upon request. Advance notice is appreciated, please contact: 00 353 1 677 8099.