- All Year Round, Except Dec 25 & 26.
- 1 Apr - 30 Sept (09:30 to 18:00)
- 1 Oct - 31 Mar (09:30 to 17:00)
Edinburgh Castle Address:
- Castlehill, Edinburgh EH1 2NG.
- Edinburgh Castle Attraction Map | View/Download.
- Audio Guides.
- Guide Books.
- Adult: Everyone (including students) aged 16-59.
- Child: Anyone under the age of 16 (under 5s admitted free of charge).
- Concession: Seniors (aged 60+).
Book Your Edinburgh Castle Tickets Online:
A guided tour is included in the admission price along with a complimentary children's quiz book. Exchanging your pre-booked ticket voucher at the visitor information desk will allow you to bypass the regular ticket office queue. Tickets purchased from this site can be used on any day during 2017, affording you extra flexibility.
- Audio guides are available to rent on-site in the following languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese. Rent costs are: Adult £3.50, Child £1.50 and Concession £2.50.
- Three gift shops on site.
- Redcoat Café and tea rooms.
About Edinburgh Castle:
A mighty fortress, defender of the nation, and home of the famous Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - Edinburgh Castle has dominated the skyline for centuries and is part of the Old and New Towns of Edinburgh World Heritage Site. It has withstood numerous sieges throughout the centuries and its imposing walls have provided sanctuary and protection for many of Scotland's kings and queens.
Today the walls protect countless cultural treasures. Marvel at the nation's crown jewels, smell the gunpowder after the One O'Clock Gun fires, experience Scotland's martial heritage in the National War Museum and taste local produce in either the Queen Anne Tearoom or Redcoat Café - all within this magnificent fortress.
*Last entry 1 hour before closing.