About The Edinburgh Royal Mile & Castle Walking Tour:
Hear captivating tales of the people and events that shaped Scottish history as you journey across the cobbles of the Royal Mile- Edinburgh's most famous street.
Each Royal Mile & Castle Walking Tour is led by a professional Mercat historian who can shed light on both popular and lesser known stories with entertaining and unrivalled passion.
Explore the closes, wynds and courtyards that give this ancient district of the Scottish capital its characteristic look. The tour can also be paired with an optional visit to Edinburgh Castle.
The halls of the Castle will serve as the real-life backdrop to brief yet intriguing overviews of the Scottish Wars of Independence, the Reformation, the Enlightenment and much more.
- Monday-Sunday: 13:30.
- With Castle: 2.25 Hours.
- Without Castle: 1.5 Hours.
- Start: Mercat Cross, High Street.
- Finish: Edinburgh Castle Esplanade, Castlehill.
- Adult tickets aged 16-59 years.
- Child tickets aged 5-15 years.
- Concession tickets include students and seniors.
- Family tickets include 2 adults and 2 children.
As the Edinburgh Royal Mile & Castle Walking Tour is conducted on foot, mostly outdoors, it is recommended that you bring appropriate clothing depending on the weather conditions.
Please note that children under the age of 5 are not permitted on any Mercat walking tour.