About RZSS Edinburgh Zoo:
In addition to over 1000 animal species from across the globe, Edinburgh Zoo is home to some of the Scottish capital's most iconic attractions. Visit Penguins Rock, meet chimpanzees on the Budongo Trail, and see the famous pandas Tian Tian and Yang Guang. Reach the zoo by taking any of the following Lothian Buses services from the city centre: 12, 26 or 31. The Edinburgh Airlink service also has a stop outside the main entrance.
Penguins Rock is the largest outdoor penguin pool in Europe, measuring 65 meters long and containing over 2.5 million gallons of water. Its size and natural design lets visitors see the aquatic birds in an environment as close to their natural habitat as possible. The rocks and sandy beach also serve as a backdrop to the Penguin Parade, which takes place every day at 14:15.
Other daily events include live keeper-led talks focusing on animals as varied as meerkats, endangered birds, sun bears and Sumatran tigers (see times below).
As well as animals Edinburgh Zoo boasts a vast horticultural collection, with around 120 tree species spread out across its 82 acre gardens, plus greenhouses and flowerbeds. This melding of botanical and zoological creates a richer environment for the animals and a more immersive environment for visitors.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- April - September: 10:00 to 18:00.
- October & March: 10:00 to 17:00.
- November - February: 10:00 to 16:00.
- Christmas Day: 10:00 to 13:00.
- Last entry during all seasons is 1 hour before closing.
Edinburgh Zoo Address:
- 134 Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh EH12 6TS (View Location).
- Your tickets are valid for entry any time during opening hours on your chosen date.
- Most of Edinburgh Zoo is wheelchair accessible. For exceptions please see the accessibility map here.
- Edinburgh Zoo has 11 indoor enclosures and 6 sheltered observation areas.