About The Fife & Dundee Day Tour:
Experience the traditions, scenery and flavours of Fife on this full day tour from Edinburgh. Meet your professional Lothian Motor Coaches guide at Charlotte Square in the centre of Edinburgh. As well as insightful English-language commentary you can expect quality on board amenities including: air conditioning, reclining seats, footrests, Wi-Fi, USB charging and even a washroom.
Your first stop after departing Charlotte Square and crossing the River Forth is Dundee's Victoria & Albert Museum. In addition to this brand new visitor attraction you'll get to see the RRS Discovery museum ship and take a stroll along Dundee's renovated waterfront.
After spending time in Dundee the tour heads back across the Tay Bridge towards St Andrews. Best known for its university and golf courses, you'll be given plenty of free time to explore the town's renowned sites and attractions. Watch a tee off on the legendary Old Course, mill about the ruins of St Andrews Castle or simply admire the town's Medieval and Victorian architecture.
Next you'll travel south towards Kingsbarns Distillery & Visitor Centre. Created out of the derelict East Newhall Farmstead, Kingsbarns remains a family-owned and run business dedicated to producing quality single malt whiskies.
They run a variety of tours throughout the day from 1-hour guided visits to more in-depth 2-hour tours led by senior staff members. There's also the option of the new Discover Darnley's tour, where you'll be taken on a journey around Darnley’s Gin distillery. All experiences finish with a tasting session and admission tickets (not included with this tour) act as a discount voucher for the on-site gift shop.
The return journey to Edinburgh follows a scenic coastal route which will take you through several traditional fishing villages. It concludes back at Charlotte Square.
- April 1 - October 31, 2019 | Mons and Thurs.
- Nov 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020* | Thursdays.
- *Note: No tours run between Dec 23, 2019 and Jan 06, 2020.
- Live English-speaking guide.
schedule Tour Times:
- Depart: 08:30.
- Return: Approximately 17:30.
place Departure Point:
- Charlotte Square, Edinburgh.
- Approximately 9 hours.
- Lunch And Refreshments.
- Visitor Attraction Admission Fees - However, these can be purchased at a discounted rate.
- 1) Charlotte Square, Edinburgh (Depart).
- 2) V&A Dundee Museum (Entry Own Cost).
- 3) St Andrews.
- 4) Kingsbarns Whisky Distillery & Visitor Centre (Entry Own Cost).
- 5) Charlotte Square, Edinburgh (Return).