About The 3 Bridges Bus And Boat Tour:
From April until October, this tour offers Edinburgh visitors a chance to discover South Queensferry on the banks of the River Forth. Gaze up at the Forth Rail Bridge and take a stroll along the shore front with its popular pubs and restaurants, including Hawes Inn and The Boat House.
The centrepiece of the tour is a cruise aboard the 'Forth Belle'. You'll sail beneath the bridges before heading to Inchcolm Island. Disembark for an on-foot exploration of this rugged marine wildlife haven. When you're ready to leave catch Forth Belle on its next return to the docks. An Edinburgh tour bus will be waiting at Hawes Pier (see timetable).
- April 06 - October 27, 2019.
- Bus: Digital Audio - English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
- Boat: English commentary and various language sheets.
schedule Frequency/Tour Times:
- See Timetable Download.
place Departure Point:
- Depart: Waverley Bridge.
- Return: Hawes Pier.
- The round trip by bus and boat takes about 3 hours.
- This does not include time to explore Inchcolm Island. Please refer to the timetable for the time the last boat returns to Hawes Pier - it varies by month and day.
Forth Bridges Cruise | Tour Itinerary:
As you make your way towards South Queensferry your personal audio guide will provide narrated insights into nearby landmarks. Expect to arrive at Hawes Pier around 35 minutes after initial departure. From the pier you'll board the 'Forth Belle', a vessel dedicated to ferrying sightseers underneath the famous bridges and out to the docks of Inchcolm Island.
A big draw for visitors, and one which the crew will help point out, is the abundance of marine wildlife. You're likely to see the native puffins and seals, and may even glimpse a dolphin or porpoise. This tour gives you the freedom to disembark on Inchcolm and undertake a 1.5 hour exploration of the island, plenty of time to get around before the next boat arrives. When you return to Hawes Pier an Edinburgh bound tour bus will be waiting to pick you up.
pin_drop | 4 Stops:
- 1) Waverley Bridge (Depart).
- 2) Hawes Pier, South Queensferry.
- 3) Inchcolm Island (by boat).
- 1) Waverley Bridge (Return).
Inchcolm Island Visitor Fees:
- Adult: £6.00.
- Concession: £4.80.
- Child: £3.60.