About The Forth Bridges Bus And Boat Tour:
From late March until October 31st, this tour offers Edinburgh visitors a chance to discover South Queensferry on the banks of the River Forth. Gaze up at the Forth Rail Bridge and take a stroll along the shore front with its popular pubs and restaurants, including Hawes Inn and The Boat House.
The centrepiece of the tour is a cruise aboard the 'Forth Belle'. You'll sail beneath the bridges before heading to Inchcolm Island. Disembark for an on-foot exploration of this rugged marine wildlife haven. When you're ready to leave catch Forth Belle on its next return to the docks. An Edinburgh tour bus will be waiting at Hawes Pier.
Bus And Boat Tour | Map & Timetable 2016:
Click map for larger view.
Ticket Usage Instructions:
- Once you've purchased your tickets a voucher will be sent immediately via email.
- Please print this voucher out and present it to a member of the Edinburgh Bus Tours staff on Waverley Bridge.
- It will be exchanged for tour passes which you can use on any of the four departures during your chosen date.
Note: It is not possible to undertake the 1.5 hour Inchcolm Island excursion on the last tour (15:45-19:00) due to the fact that the last tour bus would depart from South Queensferry (18:25) before the arrival of a return boat to the mainland.
Forth Bridges Tour | What You'll See:
• South Queensferry | • Forth Railway Bridge | • Forth Road Bridge | • The Queensferry Crossing | • Forth River Seals | • Puffin Islands | • Fife Coastline | • Inchcolm Island
As you make your way towards South Queensferry your personal on-board audio guide will provide narrated insights into nearby landmarks. Expect to arrive at Hawes Pier around 45 minutes after initial departure. From the pier you'll board the 'Forth Belle', a vessel dedicated to ferrying sightseers underneath the famous bridges and out to the docks of Inchcolm Island.
A big draw for visitors, and one which the crew will help point out, is the abundance of marine wildlife. You're likely to see the native puffins and seals, and may even glimpse a dolphin or porpoise. This tour gives you the freedom to disembark on Inchcolm and undertake a 1.5 hour exploration of the island, plenty of time to get around before the next boat arrives. When you return to Hawes Pier an Edinburgh bound tour bus will be waiting to pick you up.
With regards to the four daily departure times it is important to note that some are not available on certain months owing to seasonal constraints. Please see the 2016 timetable above for details.
Edinburgh Bus & Boat Tour Stops:
- 1, Waverley Bridge (Depart)
- 2, Hawes Pier, South Queensferry
- 3, Inchcolm Island (by boat)
- 1, Waverley Bridge (Return)