About The Game Of Thrones Shore Excursion:
Your Westeros adventure begins at Belfast Cruise Terminal, where your driver will be waiting as soon as you disembark. From here you'll discover some of the hidden gems Northern Ireland has to offer and learn about their links to the hit television series, Game of Thrones.
Take in the incredible scenery that served as the backdrop to HBO's Game of Thrones series. A live tour guide will point out each of the main filming locations and explain the roles they filled throughout the seasons. Highlights include: the world famous Dark Hedges, Cushendun Caves and a viewing at Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. Please note that due to time constraints you will not have the option to cross the rope bridge during this tour.
Although no filming took place at the Giant's Causeway, as a special bonus, we will make an hour-long stop to show you the only UNESCO World Heritage Site in Northern Ireland. Learn about the history of these volcanic columns and the stories of Giants and Fairies that go with it - making their Game of Thrones television equivalents look like Darby O'Gill and the little people.
This part of Ulster has so many direct links to the series and they are nothing short of incredible. This tour will compare the history, religion, mythology, politics and mysticism of the area to relevant parts of the series itself, coincidence or not, they are all covered on the tour. Before returning to the cruise terminal your driver will take you an a short guided tour of Belfast.
- Cruise Days | March 19 - October 20, 2018.
- Live English-Speaking Guide.
- Dependant on when ship docks, but no longer than 30 minutes after your ship has docked.
- Belfast Port.
- Varies by ship arrival times.
- Food & Drink.
- Giants Causeway Visitor Centre Entry Fee.
- Arrival At Cruise Terminal | Report to the coach after your ship docks (staff will be there to meet you). If your ship has a docking time before 08:00 the departure of the coach will be 08:30.
- Depart Belfast Port (Coach departs 30 minutes after docking).
- Carrickfergus Castle.
- Carnlough Village.
- Cushendun Caves.
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (Photo Stop).
- Giant’s Causeway (Approx. 1 hour stay).
- Dunluce Castle (Photo Stop).
- The Dark Hedges (The Kings Road).
- Belfast City Tour | This covers the wall murals, peace walls, Falls Road, Shankill Road and more.
- Return to Belfast Port (Approx. 1 hour before cruise departure).