About The Giant's Causeway Shore Excursion:
Your excursion begins at Belfast cruise ship terminal, where you'll meet your driver and guide and will be offered a complimentary bottle of water. From the port you'll be taken directly to Dunluce Castle for a brief photo stop before travelling to the Giant's Causeway. We arrive before the other tour operators so that you can enjoy the spectacular basalt columns that are over 60 million years old. You will also learn about the tale that it was Finn McCool, Ireland's legendary warrior, that created the Causeway!
You may decide to visit the Giant's Causeway Visitors Centre, but be prepared for an additional admission charge. Alternatively, embark on a free stroll along the public path.
The next stop will be for scenic snaps at the Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge viewing point. Due to time constraints, we will not have enough time to cross the bridge.
Next up is a lunch stop in the beautiful village of Cushendall (additional cost). Afterwards we make our way back to Belfast via the scenic Antrim Coast road. This area is considered an official Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Antrim Coast is breath-taking with its rugged cliffs, sandy beaches and wonderful views of Scotland.
- Cruise Days | April 10 - October 29, 2019.
- Live English-Speaking Guide.
schedule Tour Times:
- Dependant on when ship docks, but no longer than 30 minutes after your ship has docked.
place Departure Point:
- Belfast Port.
- Varies by ship arrival times.
- Food & Drink.
- Giants Causeway Visitor Centre Entry Fee.
- Arrival At Cruise Terminal | Report to the coach after your ship docks (staff will be there to meet you). If your ship has a docking time before 08:00 the departure of the coach will be 08:30.
- Depart Belfast Port (Coach departs 30 minutes after docking).
- Dunluce Castle (Photo Stop).
- Giant’s Causeway (Approx. 1 hour 45 minute stay).
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (Photo Stop).
- Famous Antrim Coast Road (Travel through the 9 Glens of Antrim).
- Cushendall Lunch Stop (Approx. 45 minute stay).
- Carrickfergus Castle (Photo Stop).
- Return to Belfast City Centre.
- Belfast City Tour | This covers the wall murals, peace walls, Falls Road, Shankill Road and more.
- Return to Belfast Port (Approx. 1 hour before cruise departure).