Note: A detailed itinerary including timings is available below.
About The Giant's Causeway Day Tour:
Visit one of the world's most striking natural wonders on a luxury coach day trip from central Belfast. The 'Giants Causeway & Antrim Coast Tour' is a popular excursion that departs at 09:15 each day before returning at 18:30.
Prepare to be blown away not just by the iconic basalt columns, but by the lush, wind-swept vistas of Antrim's eastern coast. At various points throughout the journey there'll be stops at famous attractions such as Carrickfergus Castle, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Bushmills Whiskey Distillery and Dunluce Castle. You'll also take a short break in the picturesque village of Carnlough.
- All Year Round, Daily (Except December 24-26).
- Live English-speaking guide.
- Depart: 09:15 (check-in at 09:00).
- Return: Approximately 18:30.
- No Pick-Up: Irish Tour Tickets Office (10 Great Victoria Street).
- Pick-Up: City centre hotels (see exceptions below). Hotel pick-ups must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance.
- Approx. 9 Hours.
- Giants Causeway Visitor Centre Admission Fee.
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge Crossing Fee.
- Lunch at Bushmills.
- As well as making your own way to the departure point, hotel pickups can be organised providing you book at least 24 hours in advance of your desired date. Please email email@example.com to arrange a pickup.
- Note that this service is not available from the following hotels: Fitzwilliam Hotel, Jurys Hotel, Travelodge Hotel, Ibis City Centre, Holiday Inn Hope Sreet and Ten Square.
Departing Belfast city centre by luxury coach, embark on a journey featuring medieval castles and beautiful, unspoiled wilderness. Accompanied by a professional guide, you'll chart a scenic route through County Antrim towards Giant's Causeway, with a short rest stop along the way at Bushmills Distillery.
The stay here lasts approximately 1 hour 45 minutes, during which time you'll be free to explore on-foot and even access the Causeway Visitor Centre. Note, however, that entry fees for this attraction are not included in the tour price.
From here it's onto Bushmills Whiskey Distillery, where there will be a break for lunch, souvenir shopping, and most importantly, Irish whiskey tasting. Food is not included in the tour price, but you are welcome to bring your own lunch or buy from the on-site restaurant.
After a brief photo stop at Dunluce Castle, continue to the tour's third major location - Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. If you're not afraid of heights why not make the famous crossing (small fee payable on site), which spans a 20m-wide, 23m-deep chasm!
On the final leg of the tour there'll be a 15 minute stop-off at Carnlough Village, as well as another photo stop, this time at Carrickfergus Castle. After a few snaps in front of this medieval fortress you'll arrive back in Belfast at around 18:30.