About The Giethoorn Full Day Tour:
Our full-day tour to Giethoorn begins with a scenic drive through Holland's lush eastern countryside. After one and half hours aboard the coach you'll arrive at a town popularly referred to as the 'Dutch Venice'. It's here in Giethoorn with its picturesque canals that it becomes abundantly clear how Dutch people can live, indeed thrive, on the water. Cars are not allowed and little has changed over the centuries.
You'll explore the town on-foot with your guide before eventually switching over to a boat. Many styles of vessel grace Giethoorn's narrow canals, namely gondolas, punters and flatbottom boats used for general house-to-house transportation. Included in the tour is a 1-hour boat ride between beautifully restored residential farm houses. Afterwards, you'll have free time to grab lunch and do some exploring on your own. Your guide can give you some tips on things to see and places to eat.
Rejoin the tour group after lunch and continue to an impressive 20 km long dike on the Ijsselmeer - one of the largest lakes in Western Europe. Here the group will stop for a photo before returning to Amsterdam.
- All Year Round.
- Live English-Speaking Guide.
schedule Departure Time:
- Oct 29 (2018) - Mar 17 (2019): Fridays at 09:30.
- Mar 18 - Oct 27 (2019): Daily at 10:00.
place Departure Point:
- Check-in at IJ hall, east side of Centraal Station (De Ruijterkade 34a) - View Map.
- Oct 29 (2018) - Mar 17 (2019): 7.5 hours.
- Mar 18 - Oct 27 (2019): 9 hours.
receipt Ticket Types:
- Adult tickets aged 13+ years.
- Child tickets aged 4-12 years.
- Children aged 0-3 travel free of charge.