About The Glasnevin Cemetery Walking Tour:
Journey back in time to Victorian Dublin on this 1.5-hour walking tour of the Glasnevin Cemetery, winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014. Listen as your guide recounts the fascinating life stories of the people who have shaped Ireland we know it today, from authors and politicians to thieves and rebels. In all, some 1.5 million people lay buried at Glasnevin.
At the end of the guided tour be sure to explore the cemetery museum (fee included) independently, and discover more about the lives of the cemetery’s most important residents. Tours operate each day at 11:30 and 14:30, with additional times put in place during the summer months (June - September). Also during the summer months each 14:30 tour will include a re-enactment of Pádraig Pearse’s famous oration by the grave of Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa on August 1st 1915.
Additional benefits included with all standard guided tours are: a complimentary voucher for the Glasnevin Cemetery Genealogy Research Centre and a 10% discount in the Tower Café.
- All Year Round, Daily | Except Dec 25-26 and Jan 1.
- Live English-language by expert guide.
schedule Departure Times:
- 11:30 (arrive for 11:15).
- 14:30 (arrive for 14:15).
place Departure Point:
- Glasnevin Cemetery Museum, Finglas Rd, Northside, Glasnevin, Co. Dublin, D11 H2TH.
- Approx. 1 Hours 30 Minutes.
- Transportation to and from departure point.
- O'Connell Tower Entry.