About The Hillsborough Castle & Titanic Belfast Excursion:
Your excursion begins at Belfast cruise ship terminal, where you'll meet your driver and guide before being taken directly to Hillsborough Castle. Currently the official residence of Queen Elizabeth II in Northern Ireland, this sprawling estate is managed by Historic Royal Palaces - who also administer the Tower of London, Kensington Palace and other such buildings. Ongoing restoration works mean that visitors will be admitted from July 1st, 2018 (cruise days can be viewed here).
With site improvements freshly completed, your guide will offer a narrated tour of the castle's grand interior. You'll be shown the State Entrance Hall, the Throne Room, State Drawing Room, plus other areas with fascinating stories to tell. These tales stretch back to the late 18th century, when Hillsborough Castle was first constructed as a country house for Wills Hill, 1st Marquess of Downshire and his family.
The castle itself is situated on 96 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens. After the tour you'll be given free time to explore the grounds at your own pace. Be sure to check out the newly restored South Terrace and Jubilee Garden, as well as the walled garden which is used to grow fruit, vegetables and flowers.
After leaving Hillsborough Castle your coach will make a stop in the town of Hillsborough, where there will be time for light refreshments and wandering. From here it's back to Belfast for a short city tour covering the peace walls, Falls Road, Shankill Road and more.
The final attraction you'll visit is the Titanic Belfast experience, an interactive museum dedicated to the construction, sinking and legend of RMS Titanic. You'll have ample time to see the exhibits before being returned to the cruise terminal by coach.
- Cruise Days | July 01 - September 22, 2018.
- Live English-Speaking Guide.
- Dependant on when ship docks, but no longer than 30 minutes after your ship has docked.
- Belfast Port.
- Varies by ship arrival times.
- Food & Drink.
- Arrival At Cruise Terminal | Report to the coach after your ship docks (staff will be there to meet you). If your ship has a docking time before 08:00 the departure of the coach will be 08:30.
- Arrive at Hillsborough Castle for a guided tour of the House.
- Free time to explore the 96-acre castle gardens.
- Refreshment time in the town of Hillsborough.
- Belfast City Tour | This covers the wall murals, peace walls, Falls Road, Shankill Road and more.
- Transport and entry to Titanic Belfast (café lunch not included).
- Return to Belfast Port (Approx. 1 hour before cruise departure).