NOTE: On Sept 10 and Oct 15, 2019 Folklore Shows will be held in the Budai Vigadó instead of Danube Palace.
Please find a dinner menu and other details further down the page.
About The Hungarian Folk Show & Dinner Cruise:
This evening program starts with a Hungarian folk dance performance and continues with a buffet dinner cruise on the Danube.
One of the best ways to acquaint yourself with Hungarian culture is to attend a traditional folk dance show. These take place every night the elegant Danube Palace and are performed by some of the country's most respected music and dance ensembles.
After the show join a 1.5-hour river cruise on a heated and air-conditioned ship. Here you'll enjoy a buffet dinner consisting of Hungarian and international specialities, vegetarian foods and many different delicious desserts. The ship's panoramic windows let you admire the nighttime beauty of Budapest while you eat. After dinner you can enjoy the view from the open upper deck.
event_seat Select A Seating Category:
When booking your folklore performance you'll be asked to select a seating category; these are listed 1 to 3 and will determine where you are seated during the show. Each category is explained below:
- Category 1: Rows 2-12, closer to the stage, though just behind the VIP row.
- Category 2: Rows 13-15 (lower level) and 1-2 (rear gallery).
- Category 3: Rows 3-5 (rear gallery).
- VIP: Row 1 (lower level and gallery).
Click/tap here to view a downloadable map of Danube Palace's seating arrangement.
today Season | 2019 Show Dates:
- All available dates can be viewed on the booking calendar.
schedule Schedule Of Events:
- 19:30: Arrival at the venue (Danube Palace).
- 19:45: Hostesses escort you to your seats in the theatre.
- 20:00: The first part of the performance begins.
- 20:45: Intermission. Grab a drink at the bar or chose from a selection of Hungarian souvenirs.
- 21:00: The second part of the performance begins.
- 21:45: The end of the performance - hostesses will escort you to the dinner boat.
- 22:00: Boarding and departure. You will be offered a welcome drink upon boarding. The buffet dinner will be served once everyone is seated.
- 23:20: Cruise ends. Hostesses will be happy to call taxis on request. These will be waiting to take you back to your hotel when you leave the boat.
place Danube Palace Address:
- 1051, Zrinyi Street 5. Budapest.
- Check-in at the Hungaria Koncert desk inside the building.
- Show & Dinner Cruise: Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes each.
Dinner Cruise Menu:
Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves cream.
Alföld style goulash with small dumplings.
Vegetable cream soup (during spring-autumn).
Cold fruit soup (during summer).
Warm Main Courses:
Mini stuffed cabbage.
Traditional chicken leg 'Paprikasch'.
Roasted chicken breast with basil-cheese sauce.
Spicy pork rib with thyme and mustard sauce.
Roasted sea fish with Chardonnay sauce.
Garnishes & Vegetarian:
Grilled polenta with feta cheese.
Homemade dumplings with spinach and mustard-mushroom sauce.
Steamed jasmin rice with corn.
Fresh seasonal salads with dressings.
Italian pasta salad.
Sweet corn salad with mayonnaise.
Somló style sponge cake.
Dessert variations Európa style.
Season fruit basket.