About The Hungarian Folklore Show:
Few European countries express their indigenous music and dance to the same artistic standard as Hungary. Here, these art forms are viewed as an indispensable part of the national self-image. It's plain to see that not only is music and movement woven into Hungary's culture, but that they form an intimate part of everyday life as well. One of the best ways to experience this timeless art form is to attend a traditional folk dance performance.
Live shows are performed every night in Danube Palace by some of the country's finest performers. The Hungarian State Folk Ensemble, the Danube Folk Ensemble and the Rajkó Folk Ensemble are amongst the country’s most respected dance ensembles, with traditions dating back more than six decades.
The performing group consists of 30 dancers and about 20 folk musicians. By viewing these performances you will experience famous and lesser known Hungarian and Gypsy dances from every corner of the country. Through them, you'll witness Hungarian cultural heritage at its very best.
event_seat Select A Seating Category:
When booking your folklore performance you'll be asked to select a seating category; these are listed 1 to 3 and will determine where you are seated during the show. Each category is explained below:
- Category 1: Rows 2-12, closer to the stage, though just behind the VIP row.
- Category 2: Rows 13-15 (lower level) and 1-2 (rear gallery).
- Category 3: Rows 3-5 (rear gallery).
- VIP: Row 1 (lower level and gallery).
Click/tap here to view a downloadable map of Danube Palace's seating arrangement.
today Season | 2019 Show Dates:
- All available dates can be viewed on the booking calendar.
schedule Start Time:
- Check-In: 19:30.
- Show Starts: 20:00.
place Danube Palace Address:
- 1051, Zrinyi Street 5. Budapest.
- Check-in at the Hungaria Koncert desk inside the building.
- 1 Hour 30 Minutes.
- Each show consists of two 40-45 minute parts, plus an intermission.