- All Year Round, Daily.
- Except December 24, 25 & 31 and January 1.
- Las Ventas Tour: Audio guide available in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Russian and Chinese.
- Bullfighting Museum of Madrid: Audio guide available in English, Spanish, French and Italian.
- Normal Hours: 10:00 to 18:00.
- Bull Fight Days: 10:00 to 14:00 - Bullfight days are every Sunday during March to October and throughout the duration of the San Isidro Fair (1 May-8 June) and Autumn Fair (2, 3, 4, 5 & 12 Oct).
Las Ventas Address:
- Plaza de Toros de las Ventas (c/ Alcala 237).
- Approximately 50 minutes.
Las Ventas Bullring Tour | What's Included?
- Multi-Lingual Audio Guide.
- Skip-The-Line Entry (Stadium & Bull Fighting Museum).
- Tendidos Seating Areas.
- Arena And Access Doors.
- The Chapel.
- The Sick Bay And Operating Rooms.
About The Las Ventas Bullring Tour:
Constructed as a monumental testament to one of Spain's most emblematic sports the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas is possibly the most recognisable bullring in the country. Designed by the architect José Espeliú in a Neo-Mudéjar style and erected between 1929 and 1931, its brickwork is emblazoned with 52 ceramic plaques depicting the coat of arms of every province of Spain. It's a message that proclaims the building to be the international centre of bullfighting, especially considering the controversial spectacle is now actually banned in the Canary Islands and Catalonia.
This tour begins on Calle de Alcalá and is intended to provide an overview of Las Ventas and its facilities, a background to bullfighting in Spain, and details of the sport itself from the perspective of audience, matador and bull. It covers key areas of the building from the towering main entrance, to the tendidos (seating sections), the callejón (bull's access tunnel), and various resplendent gateways.