About The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary Cruise:
Sail up the Brisbane River on this fun-filled day trip to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Your journey begins in Brisbane's South Bank Parklands, where you'll hop aboard one of Mirimar Cruises' open-top sightseeing boats. From here you'll wind your way through the city's leafy suburbs, eventually arriving right on the doorstep of the Koala Sanctuary.
The largest institution of its size in the world, Lone Pine is home to around 130 koala bears. Have your picture taken with one of these cuddly critters and get up close to the attraction's other residents. Lone Pine hosts kangaroos, platypuses, wombats, dingos and many more native Australian animals.
After spending about 3 hours meeting sanctuary residents hop back aboard the sightseeing boat for the return journey to central Brisbane. You can expect to arrive back at the Cultural Centre Pontoon for 15:30.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- English language commentary on the boats.
schedule Departure Times:
- Depart Brisbane: 10:00.
- Arrive At Sanctuary: 11:15.
- Depart Sanctuary: 14:15.
- Arrive Back In Brisbane: 15:30.
place Departure Points:
- Brisbane: Cultural Centre Pontoon Southbank Boardwalk, South Brisbane QLD 4101.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: Lone Pine Jetty.
- 3 hours at the sanctuary.
- 75 minute boat trip either way.
- Food and drink.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.