About Malahide Castle and Gardens:
Make your way out of Dublin city centre and pay a visit to Malahide Castle and Gardens, located just 13 km (8 miles) outside of the capital along the scenic north Dublin coastline. Your admission ticket includes a guided tour of this elegant 12th century residence. The tour guide will bring to life the story of Malahide Castle, which was owned by the Talbot Family for nearly 800 years before being sold to the Irish State in 1975.
Enjoy a morning or afternoon exploring the 260 acre parkland with private gardens and the renowned Avoca Café and retail store within the visitor centre.
Please Note: You cannot explore the castle interior on your own. This is only allowed as part of a guided tour.
- All Year Round, Daily | Except Dec 24-26.
- Live English-language by expert guide.
- Digital Audio Guide: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Russian.
schedule Opening Hours:
09:30 to 17:30.
schedule Tour Times:
- Apr - Oct: 09:30 to 16:30 (Last Tour).
- Nov - Mar: 09:30 to 15:30 (Last Tour).
place Departure Point:
- Malahide Demesne, Malahide, Co. Dublin.
- Approx. 45 Minutes.
- Entry to Butterfly House and Fairy Trail.
- Transportation to and from departure point.
- Food & Drink.
- Wheelchair users are able to access the castle ground and 1st floors, as well as the gardens. Only one wheelchair can be accommodated per tour.
- The visitor centre features two disable toilets.
- Guide dogs are permitted.
- Food purchases available in the Avoca Café and Visitor Centre.
- There is an ATM in the Avoca retail store.
- Free car and coach parking (with disabled spaces).
- Kids playground in the woods outside the Visitor Centre.