About The Malahide Castle Half-Day Trip:
Expand your sightseeing holiday to Dublin with a day tour to Malahide Castle via the scenic coastal roads leading north-east out of the capital. This half-day excursion also makes a stop at the fishing village of Howth, which is situated on a peninsula just 10 miles north of Dublin city centre.
You'll have a chance to hop off the tour bus and explore both on foot. The excursion even includes a live guided tour of Malahide Castle.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Multi-lingual guides at Malahide Castle: French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Russian.
schedule Tour Times / Frequency:
- Twice Daily: 09:30 and 14:00.
place Departure Point:
- 13 Upper O'Connell Street (City Sightseeing Shop).
- Approx. 4 Hours.
- Food & Drink.
- Hotel Pick-Up & Drop-Off.
Malahide Castle is a fun and modern family attraction. The guided tour delves into the history of the Talbot family, who occupied the building from 1185 to 1973, and also offers an interpretation of the castle's ground floor.
You'll have plenty of time to listen to the experienced guides as well as walk around the stunning, well-kept gardens. See the newly opened visitor centre in the ground's courtyard, with its interpretation and exhibition area which recants the story of the walled gardens as seen through the eyes of 'Lord Milo Talbot'.
As this tour makes its way to Malahide via the scenic coastal roads it will stop off at the little fishing village of Howth. Visitors can hop-off the bus and have a leisurely wander around the charming harbour area, bars and restaurants.
Here is how a typical day on the Malahide Castle & Coastal Tour is broken down. All timings (except departure) are approximate, and unforeseen circumstances can cause changes/delays. Always remember to check with the driver about what the day's schedule will entail:
Morning Tour | 09:30:
- 09:15: Check-in at City Sightseeing Shop, 13 Upper O'Connell Street.
- 09:30: Departure from Dublin.
- 10:15: Arrive at Malahide Castle.
- 12:50: Arrive at Howth Village.
- 13:30: Leave Howth for return to Dublin.
Afternoon Tour | 14:00:
- 13:45: Check-in at City Sightseeing Shop, 13 Upper O'Connell Street.
- 14:00: Departure from Dublin.
- 14:45: Arrive at Malahide Castle.
- 16:50: Arrive at Howth Village.
- 17:30: Leave Howth for return to Dublin.