About The Museum of Bags & Purses:
The Museum of Handbags and Purses (Tassenmuseum) is the largest attraction of its kind in the world and has even been voted one of the world's top 10 fashion museum's. It boasts over 5000 handbags, the oldest of which dates back to 1600. Other highlights include a Versace handbag flaunted by 80s music legend Madonna, as well as one carried by former British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher.
After touring the museum guests can enjoy a sophisticated high tea or a period room lunch*. Located within a historic canalside house, the Museum of Handbags and Purses is ideally suited for such refreshments. Lastly, there's an on-site shop where you can select and purchase your own handbag or purse.
*Food and drink is not included with this entry ticket.
- All Year Round, Daily | Except Jan 1, Apr 27 and Dec 25.
- Non-applicable unless on a guided tour.
- Every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 15:00 and every last Sunday of the month at 14:00 the museum runs a first-come, first-served guided tour of their handbag exhibition. It costs an additional €5.
- 10:00 to 17:00.
- On December 5th, 24th and 31st the museum closes at 16:00.
- Herengracht 573, 1017 CD Amsterdam.
- Average visits to the Tassenmuseum last approximately 1.5 hours.
- Food & Drink.
- Guided Tours.
Impaired Mobility | Each floor of the Museum of Bags and Purses is accessible to wheelchair users, including the main entrance. There is, however, an entresol that can be accessed via a chairlift - staff will assist if required. Toilet facilities for people with mobility impairments are located on the ground floor.
- Metro lines 51, 53 or 54 (Waterlooplein stop).
- Tram lines 9, 14 or 24 from Centraal Station.