About The Nice Le Grand Tour:
The Nice Le Grand Tour is a flexible sightseeing bus service that covers 16 iconic locations throughout the capital of the French Riviera. By booking a valid 1 or 2 day pass you'll be able to start your journey from any of the tour's conveniently located hop-on hop-off stops. Key departure points include: Port Lympia, Promenade des Anglais, and La Gare SNCF de Nice.
From whichever point you choose to start Le Grand Tour, travel between popular attractions such as the Chagall Museum, Mont Boron and the Promenade du Paillon. Buses frequent each stop every 30-60 minutes (see timetable), so if a particular museum or scenic spot tickles your fancy simply hop-off and explore at your own pace. Helpful staff will be on-hand to advise visitors on the best landmarks, dining locations and events.
In addition to stunning panoramic views from the top deck, Le Grand Tour buses feature digital audio commentary in a choice of 10 languages. Headphones are provided free of charge when you first present your printed ticket to the tour staff/driver.
- All year Round, Daily.
- Digital Audio: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese (incl. Brasil), Russian, Japanese and Chinese.
Tour Times / Frequency:
- Apr 1 to Nov 1, 2018: 10:00 to 18:00, every 30 minutes.
- Nov 2, 2018 - Mar 31, 2019: 10:00 to 17:00, every hour.
- The times listed above are based on departures from stop 1.
- Various, see Map Download or Itinerary List below.
- Approx. 1 Hour.
- Audio Guide (Headphones Included).
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
- All pets, except guide dogs, are prohibited aboard the buses.
- Wheelchair access is possible so long as the chair is foldable and the user can occupy a seat.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden aboard the buses, both on the upper and lower decks.
Arriving At Port De Villefranche?
If you're travelling to Nice as part of a Mediterranean cruise and are arriving at the Port de Villefranche, we recommend the following 3-step route:
- 1) Take a short walk from the cruise port to Saint-Estève bus stop (view here).
- 2) Hop-aboard a Line 81 bus and take an 11 minute ride to Place de l'Ile de Beaute (view here). Note that that Line 81 buses run every 20 minutes.
- 3) Place de l'Ile de Beaute represents stops 2 & 6 on the Nice Le Grand Tour. From here you can hop aboard the open-top buses and explore Nice.
- 1) Promenade des Anglais (4, Avenue des Phocéens).
- 2) Ile de Beaute (5, Place de l'Ile de Beaute).
- 3) Villefranche - Octroi, South (Face au 10, Avenue Marechal Foch).
- 4) Villefranche - Citadelle (Place Emmanuel Philibert).
- 5) Villefranche - Octroi, North (2, Avenue Marechal Foch).
- 6) Ile de Beaute - Port, North (Face au 5, Place Ile de Beaute).
- 7) Garibaldi (1, Rue Cassini).
- 8) Acropolis (2, Boulevard Carabacel).
- 9) Chagall Museum (Face au 21, Boulevard de Cimiez).
- 10) Cimiez - Musée Matisse (110, Bd Cimiez).
- 11) Chagall Museum 2 (21, Boulevard de Cimiez).
- 12) Lycée Masséna (2 Avenue Félix Faure).
- 13) Massenet (7, Promenade des Anglais).
- 14) Gambetta (47, Avenue Thiers).
- 15) Nice Train Station (10-12, Avenue Thiers).
- 16) Congres (Face au 15, Promenade des Anglais).