About The Old Jameson Distillery Guided Tour:
As well as exploring the history behind Ireland's best selling whiskey and the story of its founders John Jameson & Son’s, the Old Jameson Distillery aims to give visitors a true taste for the drink. See the seven stages of whiskey making brought to life through a 40 minute guided tour of the original facilities and enjoy a tipple from one of their signature bottles.
At the start of each journey guests are introduced to founder John Jameson with a short introductory video. You'll learn about the man himself, the origins of his distillery, and be set up for the main leg of the tour.
As you make you make your way through the 18th century distillery a knowledgeable guide will explain the processes involved in making the perfect Irish whiskey. Learn about malting, mashing, fermentation, distillation, maturation, and the origin of the all important phrase, ‘angels’ share’.
At the end of the tour all guests are invited to try a comparison whiskey tasting; see if you can tell your Irish from your Scotch or American whiskey.
After completing the tasting session guests are rewarded with a delectable Jameson Ginger and Lime as well as a much coveted Irish Whiskey Taster Certificate. You can then browse the Jameson Distillery gift shop, or spend some time in JJ’s Bar and the 3rd Still Restaurant.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Live English-Speaking Guides.
- Tours of the Jameson Distillery are also conducted in French and German. State your preference upon arriving at the attraction.
Opening Hours / Tour Times:
- Monday - Sunday: 10:00 to 12:00, every 30 minutes, then every 15 minutes until 18:00 (last tour).
- Note: Irish licensing laws state that alcohol cannot be sold on Sundays before 12:30hrs.
- Bow St, Smithfield Village, Dublin 7.
- Approximately 40 minutes.