About The Original London Tour:
New to London or don't know it too well? The Original London Sightseeing Bus Tour is the oldest and most comprehensive open-top bus tour in the city. With just one ticket you gain the freedom to hop-on and hop-off at over 80 stops located across 6 routes (3 sightseeing + 3 shuttles).
Traverse the capital in comfort, be entertained by local guides, and tailor an itinerary that suits your interests. Tickets include 3 free walking tours and a handy Thames River Cruise pass.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Yellow T1 & T2 Routes Only - English speaking guides.
- All Routes* - Digital Audio: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic and Kid's Channel.
help Route Information:
- A full list of timings and stops are contained in the Map & Timetable Downloads - View Here.
- Audio Guide (Headphones Included).
- Live English-Speaking Guides (Yellow Route Only).
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
The Original London Tour | Main Routes:
1) Yellow T1 & T2 Route | The Original Tour:
Yellow is the original and oldest of the hop-on hop-off bus routes. This journey includes a fun and informative English-speaking guide who'll reveal the stories behind London's most iconic sights, from Big Ben to Tower Bridge. Experience the yellow route in full by hopping on at Grosvenor Gardens STA Travel.
2) Blue Route | Royal Borough Tour:
By joining the blue route, visitors can explore the famous museums and department stores of Kensington and Chelsea. Notable for being the smallest of London's borough's, what Kensington lacks in size it more than makes up for in beauty and attractions. Hop-off near the Victoria & Albert, Science, Design and Natural History Museums. If you're up for splashing a bit of cash, check out Harrods and Harvey Nicholls department stores.
You'll also visit the iconic landmarks of Westminster, South Bank and St James's Park. It's ideal for first-time visitors who also wish to experience the regal side of London.
The blue route features digital multi-lingual commentary. This route can be experienced in full by hopping on at Kensington Palace.
3) Orange Route | British Museum Tour:
The orange route is specifically designed to service London's most popular attraction - the British Museum. It provides easy access from Kings Cross/St Pancras and Euston train stations. Visitors arriving from these locations can also switch onto the Yellow Route at Aldwych.
4) Purple Route:
This route's main function is to link various popular hotels to the yellow route at Marble Arch. Hotels covered include those located in Bayswater, Notting Hill, Holland Park and Lancaster Gate.
This route is also useful for those who wish to go shopping at Westfield Shepherds Bush.
5) Red Route:
This route offers a convenient link to the Yellow Route if you're heading to or from Madame Tussauds London, or any of the following Tube stations: Baker Street, Euston Square, Great Portland Street, Warren Street and Regent's Park.
6) Grey Route:
Also called the Morning Shuttle, this route only operates from 08:00 to 09:00, and includes a stop on Praed Street.
London Walking Tours:
- Changing of the Guard | Departs daily at 10:00 from The Original London Visitor Centre. On non-guard change days the tour will instead visit St James’s Palace & Horseguards Parade.
- Rock 'N' Roll | Departs daily at 13:00 from The Original London Visitor Centre. Accompanied by an expert guide, visit the venues that made The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie and The Sex Pistols famous!
- Jack the Ripper | Departs daily at 16:00 from bus stop 15 (Original Tour) at the Tower of London.
Free Thames River Cruise:
City Cruises is pleased to offer Original Tour ticket holders a free river cruise pass! This must be collected from the bus tour staff first.
On arriving at the pier of your choice go directly to the boat and present the pass to the City Cruises staff, then hop-on and hop-off the cruise as you please.
- View and download the free river cruise timetable here.
24-hour Original Tour tickets provide same duration access to the City Cruises boats. 48 and 72-hour bus tickets both provide 48-hour access to the boats.