About The Original London Tour:
New to London or don't know it too well? The Original London Sightseeing Bus Tour is the oldest and most comprehensive open-top bus tour in the city. With just one ticket you gain the freedom to hop-on and hop-off at over 80 stops located across 5 main routes.
Traverse the capital in comfort, be entertained by local guides, and tailor an itinerary that suits your interests. Tickets include 3 free walking tours and a handy Thames River Cruise pass.
Winter 2018/19 Special Offer:
24 and 48-hour ticket vouchers redeemed between November 1st 2018 and February 28th 2019 will be exchanged for tickets with a free 24-hour extension. Present your voucher as normal and staff will issue your upgraded tickets.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Yellow Route - English speaking guides.
- Other Routes* - Digital Audio: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic and Kid's Channel.
- *Except Purple Capital Connector.
Tour Route Times:
- See Timetable Downloads.
- See Map Download.
- Yellow Route: Approx. 2 to 2.5 Hours.
- Blue Route: 1.5 Hours.
- Audio Guide (Headphones Included).
- Live English-Speaking Guides.
- Printed Tour Map & Leaflet.
The Original London Tour | Main Routes:
1) Yellow Route | The Original Tour:
Yellow is the original and oldest of the five hop-on hop-off bus routes. This journey includes a fun and informative English-speaking guide who'll reveal the stories behind London's most iconic sights, from Big Ben to Tower Bridge. Experience the yellow route in full by hopping on at the Original London Visitor Centre or Grosvenor Gardens STA Travel.
2) Blue Route | Royal Borough Tour:
By joining the blue route, visitors can explore the famous museums and department stores of Kensington and Chelsea. Notable for being the smallest of London's borough's, what Kensington lacks in size it more than makes up for in beauty and attractions.
Hop-off right outside the Victoria & Albert, Science, Design and Natural History Museums. If you're up for splashing a bit of cash, check out Harrods and Harvey Nicholls department stores.
Like the orange, red and pink routes, the blue route features digital multi-lingual commentary. This route can be experienced in full by hopping on at Kensington Palace.
3) Orange Route | British Museum Tour:
The orange route is specifically designed to service London's most popular attraction - the British Museum. It provides easy access from Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston train stations. Visitors arriving from these locations can also switch onto the red and yellow routes at Trafalgar Square.
4) Pink Route | West End Tour:
The pink route combines the museum section of the blue route with the iconic landmarks of Westminster, South Bank and St James's Park. It's ideal for first time visitors who also wish to experience the world-class attractions of Kensington and Chelsea.
5) Red Route | Tower Tour:
Added in August 2018 - this route is the newest addition to the Original London Tour itinerary. It came about as a result of the merging of the 'London City Tour' brand with Original London. As such, buses on this route are identifiable by their bright red livery and distinctive logo. You may use your Original London voucher to access them as normal.
In sightseeing terms the red route starts at Waterloo Road Terminal, passes through Westminster, then extends out towards the Tower of London, taking in Fleet Street and St Paul's Cathedral as it goes. On the return loop you'll pass The Shard and HMS Belfast, before circling around St James's Park and Buckingham Palace.
Capital Connector Routes:
6) Purple Route | Capital Connector:
This route's main function is to link various popular hotels to the yellow route at Marble Arch. Hotels covered include those located in Bayswater, Notting Hill, Holland Park and Lancaster Gate.
This route is also useful for those who wish to go shopping at Westfield Shepherds Bush.
London Walking Tours:
- Changing of the Guard | Departs daily at 10:00 from The Original London Visitor Centre. On non-guard change days the tour will instead visit St James’s Palace & Horseguards Parade.
- Rock 'N' Roll | Departs daily at 13:00 from The Original London Visitor Centre. Accompanied by an expert guide, visit the venues that made The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie and The Sex Pistols famous!
- Jack the Ripper | Departs daily at 16:00 from bus stop 11 (Original Tour) at the Tower of London.
Free Thames River Cruise:
City Cruises is pleased to Original Tour ticket holders a free river cruise pass! On arriving at the pier of your choice go directly to the boat and present the pass to the City Cruises staff, then hop-on and hop-off the cruise as you please. Passes are collected by the City Cruises staff on your first journey, so for subsequent or return journeys you will need to show your valid Original Tour bus ticket.
- View and download the free river cruise timetable here.
24-hour Original Tour ticket holders can travel between Westminster & Tower Piers. Upgrade to a 48-hour ticket and your river cruise pass will be extended to also include access to historic Greenwich.