About The Original London Tour:
New to London or don't know it too well? The Original London Sightseeing Bus Tour is the oldest and most comprehensive open-top bus tour in the city. With just one ticket you gain the freedom to hop-on and hop-off at over 80 stops located across 3 main routes.
Traverse the capital in comfort, be entertained by local guides, and tailor an itinerary that suits your interests. Tickets include 3 free walking tours and a handy Thames River Cruise pass.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Experienced English speaking guides.
- Digital Audio: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic and Kid's Club Channel.
Tour Route Times:
- See Timetable Downloads.
- See Map Download.
- Yellow Route: Approx. 2 to 2.5 Hours.
- Blue Route: 1.5 Hours.
The Original London Tour | Main Routes:
1) Yellow Route | The Original Tour:
The yellow is the original and oldest of the three hop-on hop-off bus routes. This journey includes a fun and informative English-speaking guide who'll reveal the stories behind London's most iconic sights, from Big Ben to Tower Bridge. Experience the Yellow Route in full by hopping on at the Original London Visitor Centre or Piccadilly Circus/Whitcomb Street.
- Yellow Timetable | View/Download.
2) Blue Route | Royal Borough Tour:
By joining the blue route, visitors can explore the famous museums and department stores of Kensington and Chelsea. Notable for being the smallest of London's borough's, what Kensington lacks in size it more than makes up for in beauty and attractions. Hop-off right outside the Victoria & Albert, Science, Design and Natural History Museums. If you're up for splashing a bit of cash, check out Harrods and Harvey Nicholls department stores.
Like the red route the blue route features digital multi-lingual commentary. This route can be experienced in full by hopping on at Kensington Palace.
- Blue Timetable | View/Download.
3) Orange Route | British Museum Tour:
The Orange Route is specifically designed to service London's most popular attraction - the British Museum. It provides easy access from Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston train stations. Visitors arriving from these locations can also switch onto the Red and Yellow Routes at Trafalgar Square.
- Orange Timetable | View/Download.
Capital Connector Routes:
4) Green Route | Capital Connector:
Not a key sightseeing route as such, but the green line offers a quick means of transport between major landmarks in the heart of the city centre. Consult the map and timetable downloads below for more detailed information.
- Green Timetable | View/Download.
5) Purple Route | Capital Connector:
This one operates similarly to the green route, except its main function is to link various popular hotels to the Red and Yellow Routes at Marble Arch. Hotels covered include those located in Bayswater, Notting Hill, Holland Park and Lancaster Gate.
This route is also useful for those who wish to go shopping at Westfield Shepherds Bush.
- Purple Timetable | View/Download.
London Walking Tours:
- Changing of the Guard | Departs daily at 10:00 from The Original London Visitor Centre.
- Rock 'N' Roll | Departs daily at 13:00 from The Original London Visitor Centre.
- Jack the Ripper | Departs daily at 15:30 from bus stop (Original Tour) at the Tower of London on Tower Hill.
Free Thames River Cruise:
City Cruises is pleased to Original Tour ticket holders a free river cruise pass! On arriving at the pier of your choice go directly to the boat and present the pass to the City Cruises staff, then hop-on and hop-off the cruise as you please. Passes are collected by the City Cruises staff on your first journey, so for subsequent or return journeys you will need to show your valid Original Tour bus ticket.
- View and download the free river cruise timetable here.
24-hour Original Tour ticket holders can travel between Westminster & Tower Piers. Upgrade to a 48-hour ticket and your river cruise pass will be extended to also include access to historic Greenwich.