About Carfax Tower:
Carfax Tower is the sole remnant of the 12th century St. Martin's Church. The main body of the structure was demolished in 1869 to make way for increasing traffic.
At 74 feet in height it's the tallest structure in central Oxford, and planning dictates that nothing else in the area can be built taller than it. Carfax provides the best views for miles around and is well worth the extra pound. Upgrade your 24-hour Guide Friday City Sightseeing ticket to include Carfax Tower for only £1.50 extra.
schedule Carfax Tower | Opening Hours:
- April - September: 10:00 to 17:30.
- October: 10:00 to 16:30.
- November - February: 10:00 to 15:00.
- March: 10:00 to 16:00.
place Carfax Tower | Address:
- Queen St, Oxford OX1 1ET.
directions_bus | Oxford Bus Tour:
- Click here for all information related to the City Sightseeing Oxford tour.
As well as offering admission to Carfax Tower this ticket gives you access to Oxford's City Sightseeing Guide Friday tour buses. 'Hop-on Hop-off' means that you're free to leave and rejoin the buses at any stop. See our main tour page for more information.
pin_drop | City & University Route - 20 Stops:
- 1) Oxford Railway Station.
- 2) Park End Street.
- 3) Gloucester Green Bus Station.
- 4) New Road.
- 5) Westgate Shopping Centre.
- 6) Speedwell Street.
- 7) Christ Church / St. Aldates & Shopping.
- 8) Brasenose College.
- 9) The Queen's College.
- 10) The Plain.
- 11) St. Cross Road.
- 12) South Parks Road.
- 13) Sheldonian Theatre.
- 14) Trinity College Gates & Shopping.
- 15) Parks Road.
- 16) Banbury Road.
- 17) Woodstock Road.
- 18) St Giles Church.
- 19) Magdalen Street East.
- 20) Randolph Hotel & Shopping.