- April 01, 2019 - March 31, 2020.
- April 01, 2020 - March 25, 2021.
schedule Departure Time:
- Nov 1, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020: 08:30 | Friday and Saturday.
- Apr 1 - Oct 31, 2020: 08:15 | Daily, Except Mon & Sun.
- Nov 1, 2020 - Mar 25, 2021: 08:15 | Friday and Saturday.
place Departure Point:
- Start: Julia Travel Office, La Rambla, 54.
- End without Breakfast: Picasso Museum.
- End with Breakfast: Palau de la Música Catalana, C/ Palau de la Música 4-6.
- Without Breakfast: Approx. 2 Hours.
- With Breakfast: Approx. 3 Hours.
- Entry To Barcelona Cathedral & The Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar.
- Entry To Palau de la Música (Fee not required for cafeteria entry).
- Hotel Pick-Up & Drop-Off.
About The Picasso Experience Tour:
The Picasso Experience is a combined museum entry/walking tour that aims to bring Picasso’s legend and legacy to life. You will be transported back to the artist's formative years, a time spent in the art schools, cafes and studios of 19-20th century Barcelona. Discover early masterpieces, walk in the footsteps of one of history's most influential artists, and get an intimate feel for the old town of Barcelona.
With many claiming to offer the best Pablo Picasso tour there is, here is what makes The Picasso Experience unique.
Knowledgeable Tour Guides:
In the company of a knowledgeable local tour guide you will be told everything there is to know about the artworks and life of Picasso. Visit El Quatre Gats cafe, one of Picasso's regular haunts; and cross paths with the Llotja Mar, an art school where he developed his iconic style, as well as the College of Catalan Architects, where you can find three open-air friezes based on original sketches.
Experience The Old Town Of Barcelona:
The tour takes you through the narrow streets of Old Town Barcelona where Pablo spent his early years. Here you will hear about Picasso not just as a fledgling artist, but as a typical young man in early 20th century Barcelona. Surrounded by some of the city's richest architecture, you don’t even have to be an art lover or Cubism enthusiast to enjoy this section of the tour.
Skip-The-Line Picasso Museum Access:
After a stroll through the picturesque streets of El Born you will eventually arrive at the Picasso Museum. As one of the most visited tourist destinations in Barcelona long queues and even longer waiting times are not uncommon, but as part of this tour you'll receive priority access.
Skip the line with your tour guide and waste no time experiencing Picasso's incredible body of work. Most importantly, you'll discover how key life events affected both his artistic style and personal outlook over a period of almost seven decades.
Breakfast In The Palau de la Música:
At the end of the tour (if option selected) you will continue towards the Palau de la Música Catalana, a modernist gem by the great Catalan architect Lluís Domenech i Montaner. In the cafeteria you will be treated to a delicious local breakfast.