- The Story Of Spanish Art
- European Masterpieces
- Skip The Ticket Queue
Prado Museum Guided Tour | What's Included?
- Official Prado Museum tour guide.
- Guaranteed English and Spanish commentary*.
- Skip-the-line admission to the Prado Museum.
*In the unlikely event that a dedicated English or Spanish speaking guide is not available, the tour will run with a bilingual guide. This guide will offer explanations twice, first in English and then in Spanish, or vice versa.
Ticket Usage Instructions:
- Please print off the tour pass you receive from CityXplora and present it to staff at the departure point - Madrid City Tour Information Centre (Calle Felipe IV, next to Prado Museum - View Location).
- Remember to arrive at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the tour departs so you can be checked-in.
About The Prado Museum Tour:
The Museo del Prado first opened to the public in November 1819 with a catalogue that included around 1,510 paintings from various royal residences throughout Spain. Since this unveiling of the foundational Royal Spanish Collection the museum has expanded for almost 200 years to incorporate many more works by Francisco Goya and other European masters.
The tour will be especially focused on four famous artists who collectively represent the institution's overarching theme of historical European art and Spain's place therein. Your guide will weave a historical narrative that begins with Hieronymus Bosch (1450-1516), progresses into the early Spanish renaissance with El Greco (1540-1614), then the boom period of Diego Velázquez (1599-1660), before concluding with Francisco Goya (1746-1828).