- All Year Round.
- Except 01 Jan, 01 May, 18 May & 25 Dec.
- Nov 1, 2017 - Mar 31, 2018: Every Saturday at 15:00.
- Apr 1 - Oct 31, 2018: Daily at 10:00 and 15:00.
- Nov 1, 2018 - Mar 31, 2019: 10:00 (Mon, Thu & Sat) and 15:00 (Sats).
- Madrid City Tour Info Centre (Calle Felipe IV).
- Approx. 1 hours 30 minutes.
Prado Museum Guided Tour | What's Included?
- Official Prado Museum tour guide.
- Guaranteed English and Spanish commentary*.
- Skip-the-line admission to the Prado Museum.
*This tour runs with a bilingual guide. They will offer explanations twice, first in English and then in Spanish, or vice versa.
About The Prado Museum Tour:
The Museo del Prado first opened to the public in November 1819 with a catalogue that included around 1,510 paintings from various royal residences throughout Spain. Since this unveiling of the foundational Royal Spanish Collection the museum has expanded for almost 200 years to incorporate many more works by Francisco Goya and other European masters.
The tour will be especially focused on four famous artists who collectively represent the institution's overarching theme of historical European art and Spain's place therein. Your guide will weave a historical narrative that begins with Hieronymus Bosch (1450-1516), progresses into the early Spanish renaissance with El Greco (1540-1614), then the boom period of Diego Velázquez (1599-1660), before concluding with Francisco Goya (1746-1828).