• Important Info •
Journey into the nooks and crannies of De Wallen.
Lindbergh Travel Office at Damrak 26.
Departure Time / Frequency:
• Jan 01-Mar 22, 2017: Mon, Wed, Fri & Sats at 20:00.
• Mar 23-Oct 29, 2017: Daily at 20:00, with extra 20:30 on Friday and Saturday.
Strictly 18 years and over.
About The Red Light District Walking Tour:
It's a famous location that we all have to see at least once, but how do you make the most of a trip to Amsterdam's Red Light District?
Chances are, if you haven't heard from an expert there's probably a lot you don't know about De Wallen. Like did you know there's a section where only she-males work? Or that the average session with a prostitute rarely lasts more than 10 minutes? All of this doesn't even take into consideration the individual stories and legends that have grown up since prostitution was legalised in 2000 by the Dutch government. Hear it all on this one-of-a-kind Red Light District Walking Tour.
Your guide will reveal the history behind prostitution and its current status in the Dutch capital, as well as key points throughout De Wallen. These include everything from the ubiquitous brothels with their display windows to sex shops, peep shows, theatres and more. During the tour you'll receive entry to the Red Light Secrets Museum, where all the facts, figures and experiences of the sex workers come to light.
Ticket Usage Instructions:
- Once you've purchased your walking tour tickets an electronic voucher will be sent immediately via email.
- You can either print this voucher out or present it on a mobile device at the Tours & Tickets Office on Damrak 26 (view location). Staff will exchange the e-voucher for the required number of tickets.
- You'll depart from the Tickets Office with your guide at 20:00, so give yourself at least 15 minutes to get your voucher exchanged.