Your Ticket | What's Included?
This Liverpool sightseeing ticket includes:
- River Mersey Ferry Cruise + U-Boat Story Admission.
- 24-Hour City Explorer Liverpool Bus Tour.
Ticket Usage Instructions:
- Please print off the ticket voucher you receive from this site and take it to any of the City Explorer Liverpool bus stops.
- Explorer staff will exchange it for bus, ferry and U-Boat Story tickets. The River Mersey Ferry Cruise can be boarded easily at Pier Head (Stop 2 - View Here).
River Mersey Ferry Cruise:
Mersey Ferries operate a daily cruise boat service that takes in the sights and attractions of three key points along the River Mersey. Climb aboard at either Seacombe Ferry Terminal (Wirral), Woodside Ferry Terminal (Wirral), or Pier Head Ferry Terminal (Liverpool).
A full circuit of the route takes approximately 50 minutes, but with return tickets and hourly departures from all three terminals you'll have plenty of time to disembark and enjoy each riverside attraction.
Be sure to visit the Spaceport at Seacombe, the U-Boat Story at Birkenhead (see below), and the Beatles Story just down from Pier Head at the Albert Dock.
- Ferry Fact Sheet | Click banner below to download.
Across the River Mersey at Birkenhead is where you will find the U-Boat Story. This popular and exciting museum takes visitors on a journey into the dangerous life of a WWII German submarine crew. The exhibition is centred around the salvaged remains of U-534, a vessel that was sunk by British aircraft after refusing to surrender at the end of the war. Glass viewing partitions give visitors direct insights into the submarine's interior, and extensive exhibitions showcase a huge variety of recovered artefacts.
- Address: Woodside Ferry Terminal, Birkenhead CH41 6DU.
- Opening Hours: 10:30-17:00.
Liverpool City Explorer Bus Tour:
What angle would you like to explore Liverpool from? Are you interested in its world famous nautical and industrial heritage? Its position as the international capital of pop music? Or does it just happen to be a stop-off point on your cruise of the British Isles? However you approach Liverpool chances are there's a stop for you on the City Explorer Bus Tour.
This handy sightseeing service has 14 hop-on hop-off stops positioned outside famous city landmarks. Travel to the Albert Docks for attractions including the Beatles Story and Tate Liverpool Art Gallery, spend some time on William Brown Street and revel in the World Museum, or visit Europe's oldest Chinatown at Great George Street.