About The Gödöllő Royal Palace Tour:
Half an hour's drive outside Budapest in the town of Gödöllő is the grand imperial palace once favoured by Empress Elisabeth of Austria. Affectionately known by her nickname, 'Sisi' Elisabeth also reigned as Queen of Hungary by way of marriage to Emperor Franz Joseph I. In fact, Gödöllő Palace was presented to the newly-wed couple as a coronation gift in 1867.
During your visit you'll explore the palace museum and gardens, learning about the lives and times of the Austro-Hungarian royal family. You'll become acquainted with the secrets of their day-to-day lives, discover hidden doors, rooms and tales of reputed lovers.
After a short break (refreshments not included), you'll be presented with two options: a visit to the Royal Waiting Room in Gödöllő railway station, or to Elisabeth Park, which was created in honour of Queen Elisabeth following her 1898 assassination in Geneva.
At the end of the tour you'll be returned to Budapest city centre (Deák Ferenc Square). There's no set departure point, instead you'll be collected from your hotel reception around 08:30. Please notify your hotel address to (firstname.lastname@example.org) either before or after placing your booking.
- Jun 1 - Oct 31, 2019 | Tues, Fris and Sats.
- Dec 1, 2019 - Jan 6, 2020 | Weds and Suns.
- Mar 1 - 31, 2020 | Weds and Sats.
- Live English-speaking guide.
schedule Tour Times:
- Depart: 09:00 (prepare for collection at 08:30).
- Return: Approximately 13:00.
- From Dec 1, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020, departure time will be 10:00.
place Departure Point:
- Budapest hotels (see bottom of Bookings Tab for details).
- Hotel pick-ups must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance. The drop-off point is next to Deák Ferenc Square.
- Approx. 4 hours.