About St Peter's Basilica:
Witnessing the scale and grandeur of St. Peter’s Basilica is a must for any visitor to the Eternal City. Constructed between 1506 and 1626, and with a dome designed by the famous Michelangelo it remains to this day the largest cathedral in the world.
This combination ticket grants skip-the-line entry as well as a 10-language audio guide which you may collect upon entry.
It also includes 48-hour access to the City Sightseeing Rome open-top buses. The easiest way to start your tour is to exchange your voucher with staff on any of the buses, ride to stop 6, then hop-off in the heart of the Vatican. Additional exchange locations are listed here.
- All Year Round, Daily.
- Except Sundays and religious holidays.
Audio Guide Commentary:
- English, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Polish and Spanish.
- Monday to Tuesday & Thursday to Sunday: 09:30 to 15:00.
- Wednesdays: 13:00 to 15:00.
St. Peter’s Basilica Address:
- Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano.
- Adult tickets aged 18+ years.
- Child tickets aged 6-17 years.
- Children aged 5 years and under travel free.
The St Peter's Basilica audio guide tour is available most days of the year from 09:30 until 15:00. On Wednesdays this is slightly altered to 13:00 to 15:00. Tour closing days include Sundays, Vatican religious holidays and other important Christian celebrations.
Please note that the Basilica dress code stipulates no shorts or sleeveless tops. Knees and shoulders must also be covered. An ID card will be required upon entry due to airport style security measures. Wheelchair access is available for visitors who require it, simply as the onsite staff.