What's Included In This Ticket?
- General admission to Taronga Zoo.
- Sky Safari gondola round-trip ride.
Ticket Usage Instructions:
- Once you've purchased your tickets a voucher will be sent immediately via email.
- This ticket voucher can either be printed or presented on a mobile device to staff at any of the zoo's visitor entrances.
Taronga Zoo Map:
Click for larger view.
About Taronga Zoo:
Australia's leading zoological park features a broad collection of both exotic and native species. Such diversity, coupled with the beautiful surrounds of Sydney Harbour, is what places this famous institution in the upper echelons of zoos throughout the world. Taronga Zoo lies on a raised piece of land overlooking the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Cove and the Harbour Bridge. As you zigzag your way along the trails connecting the animal enclosures, you will be treated to splendid views from this remarkable vantage point.
Taronga Zoo is located just a short distance (12 minutes) from Circular Quay if accessed by Eco Hopper Boat. The park has its own pier which enables visitors to walk directly into the zoo after stepping ashore. We'd always advise commencing your visit from the top entrance. That way, you will be strolling downhill towards the harbour. An ideal way to reach the top entrance from the pier is to take the Sky Safari, a convenient cable car service which is included free with every general admission ticket.
Taronga's featured trail is the Australian Walkabout, an expansive group of enclosures representing the country's diverse natural environment in microcosm. Witness kangaroos and emus commonly seen on the dry outback plains, exotic birds from the north-eastern rainforests, and niche species such the island-dwelling quokka. Other trails include the classic African Safari, the trans-continental Rainforest Trail, and the family-friendly kids trail.
While at the zoo, be sure to visit all of the special attractions in-between; there's the seal show, the QBE Free-Flight Bird Show, Reptile World, and the Bush Theatre. The most recent inclusion is the Great Southern Oceans display. It covers 1.2-hectares and features: leopard seals, New Zealand fur seals, Australian sea lions, California sea lions, pelicans and penguins.
'Animal Encounters' is another of the zoo's predominant features. This section allows families and individuals to get up close with the wild animals and have their photographs taken. Note, however, that the ranger-supervised close encounters do come at a slight extra charge.
- Free Wi-Fi and ATM facilities for visitors.
- First Aid, Parents Room and stroller hire available.
- Taronga Zoo has a variety of onsite restaurants and picnic areas.
- Storage lockers are available at the park entrances.
- Taronga Zoo is fully accessible to wheelchair users (this includes the Sky Safari cable car).
- Unfortunately, due to quarantine regulations, guide dogs are not permitted in the park.